Natural remedies for vaginal itching?

I am itching like crazy down stairs! It doesn't burn or anything until I scratch or wipe from using the bathroom. There is no odor, just constant itching!!! Its driving me insane! I used the little test strips, and I don't have an infection (thank God), so I don't want to call my Dr. right yet. He's the type of Dr. that will write a 1000 prescriptions when something can be taken care of naturally. I'm all about natural. And you should know that I am 18 weeks pregnant, so nothing that will harm my baby boy. ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• only thing natural i heard to cure that is plain yogurt,but google that just to make sure cuz i really dont know and since ur preggo its better to go to the doc he can give you a script for diflucan or something and u can take 1 pill and be done other than suffering
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:01 AM on May. 22, 2010

• You're probably starting to get a yeast infection or some sort of infection. It would be wise to use plain yogurt or put some garlic up there before it gets to be full blown.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 22, 2010

• EAT alot of plain yogurt. I would never put something out of the norm inside my vagina while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Baking soda in the bath water works for me :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:07 AM on May. 22, 2010

• try switching your soap to one that is nonscented. It may be an allergic reaction or something with all your hormones and all that fun stuff. So switch it up and wash very thoroughly, it may work!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I DID have an infection, but these should help with most things going on downstairs.... buy Femdophilus probiotic capsules. They are specially formulated for "womens issues." They will help with BV, yeast, etc... and they help keep your Ph normal, which can also cause itching. They are also safe for pregnancy. The yogurt may also help, but it's a different strain of bacteria so it may not be quite as effective. There is just one issue... they are supposed to be refrigerated so I would suggest having them overnighted so they aren't sitting around in a hot truck for three days. It helps preserve the bacteria. I got mine from vitacost.com and even with the overnight shipping they were cheaper than the similar product sold at our health food store!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:28 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Baking soda bath works wonders..
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 3:23 PM on May. 22, 2010