Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last week I saw my Diabetic specialist. Was informed I have protein and glucose in my urine.

I am a Type 2 diabetic for about 12 years now. I am also considered a Controlled diabetic. I have BC/BS for insurance. because of my insurance I have to have another positive urine test in 3 months before my dr. can take any steps. Has anyone had this problem or currently have this problem? Is there anything I can do on my own to fix this??
Thank you for any responses or advice you can give.

Answer Question

Asked by nanabear762 at 9:55 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I had high sugar in my urine. It may be time to go steps beyond just meds since it sounds like it's no longer being controlled.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 10:06 AM on May. 22, 2010

  • Your doctor should have referred you to a nutritionist or dietician

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.