Is it "wrong" or "noble" to donate your eggs?

I was thinking of actually giving my eggs for a $5000-65000 fee. I can do it up to 6 times and get paid an increasing amount each time. I'm in school right now and really could use the money so that we can pay off some debt and save up for a down payment on a house. Is it wrong or is it noble? I really have mixed feelings about it, but my husband seems to think its an okay thing to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Imeant 6500*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 22, 2010

• It's neither, just a personal choice. If you want to have more children I wouldn't just yet because there are risks involved. You're born with a certain amount of eggs and that's all you get. So I would make sure that you have what you want in life before you start giving it away. If you need the money, weight the risks and decide that it's still a fit for you there's nothing wrong with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 22, 2010

• If you guys are struggling enough that you need to donate your eggs, why are you considering buying a house? Have you really looked into the costs of owning a home? Sure its nice to own, but it's a lot more to get into than most people realize.

Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I have looked in to it, I wish I had the option. I see no difference between selling your eggs and donating his sperm. And no one sees any issue with donating sperm - although they only get about $50 and it's a do it yourself. You are giving life - period... How can that be a bad thing?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I would feel uncomfortable about it. It's a little irrational to feel that way though, it's only half of what makes a baby. But I still would feel like I was selling my children. lol. Do what you would want, but don't do it if it makes you uncomfortable or if you would regret it.

acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 10:13 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't see it as either wrong or noble. I see it as a personal decision. I considered it once. And then I realized that, even though I would not be carrying or raising them, that these would be MY children walking around out there. I felt I could not do that. I think it's a great thing to do, for someone who wants to and can do it. I don't know that it makes it any less of a good thing just b/c you get money for it. I think if you qualify to do it, and you are ok with how it's done, and all the after effects, then go for it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:15 AM on May. 22, 2010

We are SAVING for a house and paying off debt. We are not being rash and buying a house immediately. He and i are both getting jobs that take some time to build up. So we WILL have the money to pay for a house and such after we have SAVED. We're not dumb, but thanks for your concern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't call it either. Personally, I agree with * SabrinaMBowen about no difference in eggs and sperm. I've looked into it myself, but I still don't meet the weight requirements for it. Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:19 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I see it as noble.... It was hard for me to get pregnant with my kids...and I considered this option ( using someone elses eggs) ...luckily I did get pregnant though.....but of course I think it is good for you ( money wise) and a person who really wants a baby
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:20 AM on May. 22, 2010

• OP here. Well I'm 25. I've had all the kids I want to have. I'm 5'9 135 ilbs (pefectly on BMI). I think I might be a good candidate. I just didn't know if it was a good idea or not.....DH thinks its a great idea! LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 22, 2010