What was the best/most needed gift?

What is something you got as a gift when your baby was born (or at the baby shower) that you didn't think about but used quite frequently or it came in handy when the baby came.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 10:22 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's all dependant on the mom LOL Great answer right? I never used a bottle warmer. I took most receiving blankets back, because 2 packs was enough. But I like things the baby used later. Like bigger toys they grow into and use. For example, a toy piano, the standing activity tables (most the legs are attachable so they can play when crawling and sitting then grow into standing at them), those sort of things. Plus diapers are great. But if you want something they can keep think outside the box. If you are going to spend around $40 to $50 the activity center type toys are awesome.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:22 AM on May. 22, 2010

• lots of recieving blankets..bc they can be used for so many things. burpy clothes, changing areas, snuggle blankets, wipe up anything-an theyre pretty thin an small so they fit anywhere
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:33 AM on May. 22, 2010

• My favorite gift was her jungle gym. She has always loved it. Now she is six months old and still loves playing with it.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:41 AM on May. 22, 2010

• A Glider! They are easy to sit anywhere you need the baby (safely) until they are big enough for a swing.. My dd slept in her glider the first week or so home so i could have her right by my bed (as a new mom i didnt feel safe co-sleeping the first few weeks but didnt want her out of my reach.)

Anything "consumable" powder, lotion, soaps, diapers, wipes. (You can never get too many wipes since you will use them for the next year +, and different size diapers are awesome!

Receiving blankets- I was like Dang I got tons of blankets! But was thankful for all of them cause they were always being used..

Babies really dont need a lot, the stores just want us to think they do!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:50 AM on May. 22, 2010

• This seat that has a toy bar- it reclined or turned into a rocker for older kids, and the best thing- IT BUZZED! DD had high bilirubin as a newborn and was colicky for a while. That buzzing seat was the only thing besides me holding her that would calm her down. She still likes to sit in it and rock like a big girl; she is 17 months now.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:01 AM on May. 22, 2010

• a bottle warmer. I loved that thing and a swing my baby was a little colicky so the swing was a life saver
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:14 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Or I just thought of this....the next shower I go to I want to get a bathtub. Walmart has a blow up rubberduckie made by Munchkin and it's great once they begin to sit. And fill it with those necessary bath items, and even diaper creams, tylenol and those sort of things.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:24 AM on May. 22, 2010

• A bouncy seat and a Boppy pillow.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:27 AM on May. 22, 2010

• A little rubber duck that you sit in the water and turns red if the bath water is too hot and gives the temperature of the water . It was great. I had a hard time judging what was too hot, so I just went for more cool. That thing was great.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:32 AM on May. 22, 2010

• For us it was the bouncy seat. It really depends on the mother and the baby and their needs. For me, the most useless things were bottles, drool bibs, the baby bathtub, and those little baby t-shirts. I gave the bottles away, never used even one of the bibs or the bathtub, and tried the t-shirts a few times before giving those away too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:33 PM on May. 22, 2010