Vampires, Werewolves & Mermaids - OH MY!

So, at this point I think it's safe to say that all the regulars in this forum understand that although there are witches in Hollywood and witches in real life, we are far from one and the same. But that witches DO exist.

So, what about other "beings?" Vampires? Werewolves? Mermaids?? Throughout history, there is countless accounts of these creatures from all over the world.

I for one, have never doubted at least the possibility, and the more I learn about the realities of such beings, the more I know they are a part of our world... Although as usual, Hollywood got it all wrong!

What do you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ughhh. None of it's real. Open your Bible. That's real.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 22, 2010

• And yet we have more and more proof of trolls in this very forum - don't we??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Hmmm....I don't know. I personally think there are people who say they are vampires, but mostly these creatures just came from someone's imagination and PEOPLE try to make them real.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:27 AM on May. 22, 2010

• that's not to say I'm not open to their existence, Im just highly skeptical.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I think it's all made up.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I agree with lowencope...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:29 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I definitely think so.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:40 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Personally I think things like that are a part of our modern mythology (although you're very right about the trolls, they seem to be all over this forum). I've known some people to refer to others as vampires because they absolutely drain the energy of anyone they're around, if you want to call them a vampire that's fine if you want to call them exhausting and annoying that's cool too. As for whether or not they're real as they exist in mythology, sometimes I would like to think that there's something out there as interesting as some of the myths floating around, but I would prefer a little proof personally. Still, I see no reason to look down on anyone who believes in them. As for the first anon, there are people who think that the bible is just another book of fairy tales, it's not the "truth" to everyone.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:41 AM on May. 22, 2010

• There are probably psychic vampires or energy vampires, but I do not think there are real "undead" blood sucking vampires

.Eveningstar.

Answer by .Eveningstar. at 10:43 AM on May. 22, 2010

• See, eveningstar, that's exactly what I mean... No where in the mythology of vampires do the suck blood. In fact it wasn't until sometime through the 1700's that the belief in vampires sucking blood came about at all... And then it had more to do with the actions of some real life people and illnesses than it did vampire myth. However, those misconceptions do not cancel out both the myths which date back to the beginning of recorded humanity, or even the modern day "proof" which we still see in some societies... Although in the US our habit of embalming kind of limits our experiences here.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 AM on May. 22, 2010