Can anyone tell me the best floral plants for spring, summer and fall that have pretty greenery even after the flowers are gone?

I have planted various flowers and I like to have the pretty green plants still looking nice even after the flower has died. Are there some that look good in planters after they are done flowering that last through the summer and into the fall?

valos3942

Asked by valos3942 at 10:37 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Look online for the region of US you live in and what plants grow best there. Then look at those plants and choose. Or go to a greenhouse for advise.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:18 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Hosta, Iris's, there are some decorative grasses and also seedum are nice...I have all of these in my front yard and I live in IL. Winter they die off, but come back in late winter/early spring and get bigger year after year. These are what's worked for me at least! Hydrangeas (spelling?) are nice as well, but are kind of tempermental until established.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:40 PM on May. 23, 2010

• INDIAN HAWTHORNS ARE GREAT BECAUSE THEY BLOOM IN THE SPRING./SUMMER AND IN THE WINTER AND FALL THEY GET BLUE BERRIES ON THEM(NOT EDIBLE) JUST PRETTY ...BUT THEY ARE MORE OF A BUSH !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:06 PM on May. 24, 2010

• In a planter? What about Lilies? LIke day/tiger lillies?
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2010