My Son...Please help

My son lets the dog lick his penis. What should I do? My son is 4 btw. I told him to stop but I know he does it behind my back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont think this is him being perverted or anything I wouldnt get freaked out too much by it.

But I might use the scare tactic with him, tell him the doggie might bite it off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Your the parent. Make him listen!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 22, 2010

• lol, yeah...tell him the dog might bite it off. Or, keep your dog away from him in a differnt part of the house, or outside. It can't be too hard keeping them seperated.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:54 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I doubt it's some perverted sexual thing. He has probably noticed that it feels a lot different when the dog licks his penis than say his face or hand. Tell him about the germs. First, the dog licks it's butt, cleans itself, plus eats whatever it finds laying around (our dogs poo on the floor then pick it up with their mouths sometimes and put it in the litter box), then tell him it's the same as if he just stuck dog poo on his penis. It worked for getting Kiwi to stop sharing her fork with the puppies and stop letting them lick her mouth.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:58 AM on May. 22, 2010

• What IS it with the disgusting perverted questions today? Do you people not have anything else to do but post filth?
    Anonymous

This is a real issue that I have with my son. Maybe you should stop being so prude. Little boys do disgusting things get over it.
    Anonymous

• I would tell him that doing so is wrong and explain why the dog does it to itself (which I am sure what got him doing it in the first place) If he does not I would tell him that the dog will have to find a new home. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:45 PM on May. 23, 2010

• I agree that you should tell your son about the germs he is letting the dog put on him and maybe even show him a enlarged picture of a germ ( i used a dustmite pic - when enforcing the "wash your hands" rule) , generally they are disgusting looking and you can tell him they will be all over him if he doesnt stop. Also he could just keep doing it to see your reaction each time..
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 9:45 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My son let the dog do the same thing. I just make sure they're not in the same room when he's naked. I also caught him poking the dog's butt hole. We had a little chat about what comes out of there, and he doesn't poke there anymore. He's three, and it's normal. Don't get too worried, just make sure he doesn't run around naked when the dog is there. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 25, 2010