has anyone felt completly fine one day and the there water broke the next day?

or is there signs that its going to happen before it does?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 12:10 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No signs for me. Mine broke and I was like, "Uh, aren't I supposed to be contracting?" I wasn't. I ended up needing to be induced because I was just gushing fluid.
    Anonymous

• Your water may not break before labor. I had 3 babies and mine never did. One of mine was born in his bag.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I was laying in bed watching tv and then all the sudden wet.
    Anonymous

• When my water broke I had NO other signs or symptoms. I didn't even start getting contractions till after I was already at the hospital. But my dog was acting weird. Lol he keep sitting next to my side of the bed looking up at me and whining and I thought it was because he wanted to go outside so I got up to let him out and BAM my water broke. Lol
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:17 PM on May. 22, 2010

• That's what happened with my 2nd baby. I woke up early in the morning with a full bladder and it broke before I made it to the bedroom door. I felt fine, no contractions until after I got to the hospital.
    With my first baby it broke by itself during labor, and with my last one, the nurse broke the water when I was in labor.
    Anonymous

• I was fine all day sunday and that night my water broke at 4 in the morning -- 3 weeks early! I ended up getting induced.
    Anonymous

• My mom did that. Her doctor told her it would be a few weeks probably...and her water broke and she went into labor the next morning...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:33 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Water breaking doesn't necessarily have to do with labor. No signs necessarily, unless mom is IN labor, contracting.
    (*It never has to break, either. Babies are born in the sac intact as well.)

Mine broke and I gushed for over a week before having any contractions. No problem. ;-)

If you are wondering about signs of labor, though, yes moms can feel normal one day and deliver the next.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:16 PM on May. 22, 2010

• there is no signs really. My water only broke on its own with my first and I was having contraction and it was like a slow leak for hours. I did not go to the hospital for like 3 or 4 hours by then I was contracting more. It really only a small percentage that their water brakes before labor starts.
    Anonymous

• It was 11days before my due date with my first. The night before I stayed up making sure everything was in its place, now I know I was nesting. DH and I had sex and went to sleep. The next morning I stood up when the alarm went off to go to the bathroom and my water broke at 7am! I had my first DS at 733 that night! No warning at all!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 2:07 PM on May. 22, 2010