So I AM ONLY SUPPOSE TO GAIN 20LBS MAX FOR PREGNANCY IS THAT HARD TO DO :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wow who told you that.. is that so you can get prego easier .. i gained 40 both times i had babies.. and im 4'11'' and ive lost all of it within 2 months of giving birth..
    Anonymous

• if you need to gain it for pregnancy then start eating high protein meals
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:24 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't think it's all that hard. This is my 5th and the most I've ever gained is 22 lbs - and I'm around 125 prepregnancy. Right now I'm 32 weeks and have only gained 4. Just make sure you are eating healthy foods and keep up the exercise (even if it's just walking!)

Answer by missanc at 12:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• If you are obese it's okay to gain as little as 11 pounds according to the Mayo Clinic web site.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-weight-gain/pr00111

Go to google and type in superfoods. You will find different sites have different foods but there are lots of foods that make every list. Focus on having these foods being the main things you eat, they are high in nutrients and almost all are low in calories. Drink only water.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• yea thats what my ob said is 20 the most no more?
    Anonymous

• I forgot to add that with my third pregnancy I only weighed 117 the day my son was born. He weighed 6 pounds 3 oz and I normally weighed 115. I'd been sick most of the pregnancy and just couldn't gain. I was in the hospital for about a week before he was born and they stuffed me with food and I still couldn't gain. I never wore maternity clothes. I could have been on that tv show about I didn't know I was pregnant. I knew, I just didn't gain.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:34 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:35 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Seriously. Eat what you want don't worry about weight. Just walk every day and eat healthy. Ignore the weight crap.
    Anonymous

• I'm 20 weeks right now and have lost 5 lbs. My doctor told me as long as I start gaining at 20 weeks it's fine. So, I'm hoping to only gain 15 lbs all together. Although, with my son I gained 25lbs in water weight within the last 2 weeks, so sometimes there is nothing you can do.
    Anonymous

• With my last I only gained 19lbs. I just watched what I ate and ate healthy. It is not the hard at all. So far with this pregnancy I am 15 weeks and have not gained a pound. I have actually lost because I am eating so much more healthier.
    Anonymous