Ok..this just irritated me. "What is the worst that can happen?"

It was in the post of "free range children". Anyway do you really want to find out what is the worst that can happen?
I was watching a video for safety at work the other day. On the video there is a couple with a baby and a toddler walking down the aisle of the store. Suddenly the toddler bolts ahead while mom and dad are dawdling behind. Mom looks at toddler, he is fine. Next thing WHAM a PALLET of five gallon paint cans comes tumbling off the shelving unit from the top. It came within inches of that toddler right between him and his parents. He was drenched in white paint and screaming.
Stores are not playgrounds. They are places to shop. They are dangerous. They NEED parents to take care of their freaking kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stores also need to be safe.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Gailll,
    Stores try their damndest. But it is ignorant people that let their kids roam freely and say, "what's the worst that can happen?" There is a lot of shit that can happen. That is why you have parents to protect children from the WORST of the shit.
    The worst that can happen is that the child goes around the corner and gets killed instantly by something. The worst that can happen is that child is snatched and run away with.
    LIFE is DANGEROUS. Parents are SUPPOSED to protect their children.
    Anonymous

• Gaillll...stores are not designed to be babysitters. They are safe, as long as you don't have a child running wild and being out of control. They are not playgrounds either. Your child shouldn't be grabbing everything, touching things on the shelves and disturbing other customers. Hubby and I go shopping, we don't have young childdren anymore, and it's annoying for us to have to deal with little kids running around around legs, screaming at the top of their lungs or just plain being rude in general. It's most especially annoying at restauraunts.
    Anonymous

• That's true, but at the same time the toddler could have been RIGHT next to the parent, or even seated properly in the cart and the stuff could have still fallen on him. I understand what you are saying, but your example is a poor one in my opinion.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:50 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I kind of think the stores should be fairly safe, but aside from safety, I think a kid running rampant in a store is annoying.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• wow, I think people are missing the point. Yes anything can happen at anytime, Yes a huge thing of paint could fall while the child is seated safely in the cart with their parents but that is not the point.
    The point is that people feel this need to let their children be the leaders, to let their children run their lives and make the decisions and that to me is ridiculous. I have a 20 month old daughter and she NEVER is allowed to run anywhere. She knows she is supposed to be by my side at all times. Parents are supposed to be responsible for their kids, they are supposed to teach their children safety and manners and somehow in this day and age with this annoying trend ofonly being a friend to your child rather than a parent, we seem to have forgotten that.
    The point is to watch your kids. Teach them reponsibility, teach them safety and do your DAMNDEST to keep them out of harms way
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:31 PM on May. 22, 2010

• That could have happened even if the toddler wasn't running around.
    Anonymous

• OP: You are missing the point. The point is that there are things that can happen so asking "what is the worst that can happen?" Is really stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 23, 2010