My four month old?

I have two boys & my first son Never had this problem. My four month old when he poops its runny, yellow and it looks like he ate some cottage cheese...But all he eats is "Good start Compfort proteins" and the runny poop must be stingy Bc it burns his skin & is causing him to have a bad diaper rash. Help! what is this that he is pooping? I s it normal. Should i change his formula? I'd call the dr. but it's Sat & they are not open. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

beachbabewdj08

Asked by beachbabewdj08 at 12:32 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm. DD had that, but she is breastfed and that is normal for breastfed babies; except for the bad rash. She rarely got rash like that. It may be that something in the formula isn't agreeing with his tummy, or he could have a stomach bug. Until you can get hold of the doctor, I think the only thing you can do is change his diapers often and try to keep the area as clean and dry as possible, maybe use some diaper rash cream on it to help it clear up. You should probably call the doctor on Monday to get their take on it.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:41 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thank you. Thats what I figured. My son who is 18 months just got over a stomach bug. I breast feed him( the 4 mo old) for 2 months But is now on formula. I have been doing frequent diaper changes as well so thank you for the help. I will continue to do what I have been. =)
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 12:46 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Also I have a prescribed hyrocortisone cream 2.5% do you think I could use that on his hynny?
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 12:48 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Is it prescribed for him? That sounds like a high dose for a 4 m/o. DD has a cortisone cream for eczema, and she is 17 months, and I think the concentration is lower than that. I wouldn't unless the ped okays it, to be honest. The prescription hydrocortisone creams can cause problems if they are too strong. If you don't have any diaper rash cream, you can try this (if you have oatmeal and a blender): blend dry oatmeal into a powder and mix it with water. Apply to rash like any other cream. I know someone with three kids who has used this on them and loves it; she says it works just as well as the store creams. You may also try sitting him in a bath with baking soda in the water once a day to see if that helps to dry up the rash.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:54 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thank you. I will try that. I put some cream on him but i am now going to wash it off. Thank you all very much.
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 12:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• It sounds like breastmilk poo. Some formulas can make breastmilk like stools also. I would just keep a barrier cream on the little hiney so when the poo does came, it doesnt eat at the skin.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:11 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thank you.
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 1:24 PM on May. 22, 2010