I have to stop using BC so my period will return...is there any up side to having a period??

Like does it burn calories faster?? or anything else?? I have bad migraines and the BC i am on can be causing it so my neurologist wants me off it... and i know i will soon start my period again:( is there any up side to getting my period again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• You can get pregnant easier:)

I get migraines and didn't get them any worse on the pill than when I was off. After you go off for a few months if you don't notice a change you may be able to go back on the pill. I take 5 meds to prevent migraines.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:41 PM on May. 22, 2010

• the upside is you are allowing your body to do what it is supposed to do. we don't know the "downsides" to preventing periods. i believe that we should let our bodies do what they are supposed to do. the biggest upside for you will hopefully be no more migraines!!!!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:18 PM on May. 22, 2010