Mouthy 4 yr. old??? please help!

I have 4 yr. old twins G/B.. They are pretty good for the most part, they keep there room clean, eat all their food, do things with out being asked a bunch.. But My daughter (is one minute) older, but she is a totally mother hen. I can understand that she wants to be like mommy.. I was the same way with my brother (I was 16 months older) I remember thinking that I had to be the boss and I had to tell him what to do, and now she does the same thing!
I am kinda a smart mouth and I have a sharp tounge, but Ive really changed and tried to watch what I say but I think the damage is done.

I know spankings dont really work, Ive done soap in the mouth while standing in the corner, and I see that helping but its not long term? am I expecting too much or do I need to try something else? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• bust her butt !
    Anonymous

• A good first book is Love & Limits by Elizabeth Crary. She has a web site called star parenting.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 PM on May. 22, 2010

• um actually my childs doc told my sister and me (we both take our kids to same doc) to put soap in the childs mouth for bitting and other things so....

I don't konw what to do i tried to spank tried time out everything my child is 4 to and is bossy
    Anonymous

• You might try, tell her to close her mouth. As in be quiet or shut up. When she gets mouthy. People use to pop their kids in the mouth (lightly) when they said things they where not suppose to.

Answer by louise2 at 1:10 PM on May. 22, 2010

• ive tried the light pop in the mouth and that does help, for a split second, but I really dont like to do that unless what she said was just really bad...
    Anonymous

• When my little one says things I don't want him to say or if he starts to talk back I just say "That's enough." He knows I mean business so he stops what he's doing.
    Anonymous

• My DD is the same way! I've started doing a method called 123 magic... basically I just count to 3 and if she has not stopped her bad behavior she sits in her room (which luckily for me she absolutely hates!)... its helped some.. she is just naturally very strong willed too so its tough.. Good Luck
    reagabismom

Answer by reagabismom at 10:06 PM on May. 24, 2010