Cheating...The forbidden fruit

More women bite this fruit then we want to admit. It's true.
I'm not saying that I'm a cheater, so don't jump to conclusions about me I'm very happy with my dh. I'm not condoning cheating either. It's VERY wrong. But some of us ladies pride ourselves in giving women advice and being helpful, yet when a woman feels tempted to cheat, or has cheated and feels guilty, we light the torches.
I think it's sick to be so hateful. How many times have women chosen to forgive their dh/so for cheating and the men changed? Women can change too. I want to be one of those women that helps others not make that mistake, or help them overcome adultry.
If we don't address this issue, there will be less women confessing. There will be more secrets and more cheating. If a woman feels tempted to cheat because her dh is being a nucklehead, we should help her prevent it, not call her a skank. What about warnings and helpful advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• The statistic for women is really high I think it's like 76% of all women will cheat and 80 some odd% will think about it. It's not right but not the crazy outrageous thing everyone is making it out to be. More people do it than don't.
    Anonymous

• OP...So basically, some of the bashers are hypocrites...they've cheated, or though about it...
    Anonymous

• *thought*
    Anonymous

• Well, I cheated before. I was dating this guy who never really cared about me...gave me mixed emotions. I never felt wanted by him so I went out and got that wanted feeling elsewhere. I have never nor will I ever have the desire to go off behind my husband. My husband also shows me how much he loves me and cares about me. I know I am everything to him. I think when a woman cheats, it is because she is missing something very important in her current relationship. Not that I feel going off and finding that in someone else is a good idea, I can also understand why a woman would do this. I guess this is just my own personal experience and what I have gathered from why women cheat.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:09 PM on May. 22, 2010

• OP: thank you for your honest opinion.
    Anonymous

• Cheating is a symptom of a larger problem. That's the way I've always seen it. If you're even thinking about it, something is wrong. If it doesn't get addressed by your SO, cut them loose, not slack. If you're not important then, you may slowly fade into obscurity forever and no amount of counseling will bring you back.
    Anonymous

• I have never cheated but this does not mean after ten years without sex does not mean I have not thought about it but do not do it because of my own honor. I do not judge others for this because the thought has crossed my mind but its hard to understand people who cheat if you never have those thoughts. I never say never because the thought crosses more minds then are willing to admit it.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

****agreed. There is always a cause. That's why I would encourage women to join groups and help one another through this. Some situations don't require Dr. Phil, at least not yet. Others have gone too far, because they were afraid to reach out and say "I have a problem" There are groups. Beauty from Ashes group, Marriage/Relationships group, Wives who Cheat or Have Cheated group all sorts of women are out there, and I'm sure someone is willing to offer support for this problem.
    Anonymous

• i agree. but we are all grown ups and we know that cheating is wrong. if you are having thoughts about cheating you need to take a step back, think about your family, and figure out what is missing in your relationship. i dont bash but i do get upset when a woman cheats WITHOUT thinking about the consequences and WITHOUT trying to fix the problems in her relationship. we control our emotions, our emotions do not control us.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:05 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Well...I'm ready to confess..can you help me? It's this man that lives across the street and I want to fuck him..I dont know why but we have chemistry...please help me fight this temptation.
    witness833

Answer by witness833 at 6:36 PM on May. 22, 2010