How do you know if you are contagious when you are sick? I have a baby shower to go to today and...

I woke up with a swollen lymph node and congestion in one nostril. I do NOT want to get any pregnant women sick, but it is such short notice to cancel, am I contagious or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• Call and ask if she wants you there. Since you're not feverish it's unlikely you're contagious, but she may not be comfortable with you being there and sounding sick.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I am sure she would understand and be greatful if you didn't go since you are sick...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:03 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Short notice?? I wish the guests that were coming to my baby shower today was as thoughtful as you.... I had 5 people cancel today... like it was a last minute thing couldnt they have cancelled before the day of the shower.... sorry just hurt feelings talking...
    Anonymous

• see? that's what i want to avoid! and also i'm not sure if this is just some allergies or what. i wonder if it's your shower?? lol!
    Anonymous

• i don't have a fever
    Anonymous

• Well if any of these guest were sick that would be different... No-one has given me a reason today, just said they couldn't make it... I would have completely understood if they were sick.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Call and ask. Let it be her decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on May. 22, 2010