God sent the Holy Spirit to write the bible...

...what did the devil write?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Codex Gigas according to legend was written by a monk with the aid of the devil.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Better question is... why didn't God write it himself? Is he illiterate?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• for you to believe God is illiterate would mean you believe God exist but anyways can we stick to THIS quetion. I know you don't have the answer but just sit back and learn something
    Anonymous

• ihartu, to Christians the Holy Spirit is God and therfore God did write the bible
    Anonymous

• I think Satan wrote Twilight...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:55 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Experience has shown us that the harder you study the Bible, the more you will come to doubt it's authenticity. Extremely religious people at theological universities set out to prove the absolute authority of the Bible many times and have instead, discovered that there are NO original copies of the books in the Bible. We don't even have copies of copies. For centuries the only person in town who could read the Bible at all was the local priest and we know he felt free to change it along the way. These "infallible" books were transcribed over the centuries by illiterate monks who could only recognize letters and had no idea what the words were supposed to say. Mistakes were made again and again. Now we use a book that is filled with Fear to teach us how to Love. My advice? Close your Bible and free your mind. Then Fill your heart with all the Love you have, because Love is the only word of God we need.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 1:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• The Devil REwrote it...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:10 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Ya know, I saw a glimpse of something on History Channel or something and there is supposedly a book that the Devil wrote???
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:22 PM on May. 22, 2010

• To Blabbermouth, at the times the King James Bible was translated there was not that many original manuscripts but that has changed. There have been originals discovered in caves, tombs, and the Dead Sea Scrolls, etc. I also have heard of a few people who have set out to prove the Bible wrong and have ended up proving the Bible correct. The foretelling of the birth of Christ comes to mind. The prophecies were 400 years and older and they came true.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 5:42 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel that way but your information is simply incorrect. There are no originals of the books of the Bible and you can't prove the Bible to be right even as I cannot prove it to be wrong. It is a collection of works from many different authors that have changed over time. This need not scare you away from having faith in God. Please read the last sentence of my original response. Isn't it time we stopped using the Bible to hurt each other or to find reasons why we don't have to love each other? Reading the Bible is fine, taking it as the literal word of God is not. It has been my experience that people who do are living in great fear... they are not living in love. I am not slamming the Bible, I too am searching for truth. My parents are extremely religious and they have never known a day of peace for it. They live in fear of never deserving the unconditional love they seek from their vengeful, wrathful God.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:45 PM on May. 22, 2010