Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About K12 asking for too much school work!!!!!!

My son has been trying to catch up with his school work. But he started this curriculum late in the second semester. Could some moms give me some advice to what I should do b/c its driving my son crazy not to be able to do nothing in the summer. They are having him do school work through the whole summer in the last two yrs he's not been able to do nothing but, stinking school it really makes me mad I'm thinking about just quitting and doing something else. I really need some advice on this issue. Anything would help right now. My son has been crying about it. He is doing his best.

Answer Question

Asked by lballew3 at 1:38 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Look into charter schools if your state has them. Homeschool. It only takes an hour or two a day to equal a public school education since you work at the child's pace. Many states have free online schools.


    Answer by Gailll at 1:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

  • I would stop using K12 if that was the case.....

    Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:01 PM on May. 22, 2010

  • Put him in a different school. Why is he being made to do homework all summer? NO child should be crying about homework and NO child should have so much homework that he has no time to be a kid. I would be pulling my son out of that school and find a different one. I am taking 5 college classes (15 credits) and I still have time for a social life.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2010

  • K-12 is year round?? We have my son at connections and he is out from June to September. I really loved the curriculum as well. I would look into something else if he can't handle it. Home/virtual/charter is supposed to be a viable alternative to PS not a prison sentence.

    Answer by Liansmommie at 5:53 AM on May. 23, 2010

  • Find a different school. Your profile says special needs; I take it that means this child? You should be able to get his IEP adjusted so that he gets breaks.

    Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • Does he need to "catch up" let him graduate "late". If he is special needs, is he getting special ed help? Does he have an IEP?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.