So happy! I get to work part-time now!

My DD has been in daycare FT since she was 10 wks. old. She's 1 now and I just found out I get to work part-time! I am sooo excited to spend more time with her. Now. How do I make cutbacks?! If you don't work or work part-time, do you have two cars? Cell phones?.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We use only cell phones, no land line. We have only one car, which we paid off with the tax refund this year. We also upped the deductible on our car insurance. We figured it'd be just as hard to come up with the $500 as with the $250. We buy only store brand stuff, like groceries, cleaning products, toiletries and such. We only have basic cable, no movie channels. We got netflix instead of movie channels or going to the rental store, it's a lot cheaper and able to watch most instantly on the playstation. I stopped getting cappuccino from the gas station everyday, I just make coffee at home now. We shop at second hand stores and yard sales for clothes for us (a lot cheaper for Kiwi considering how fast she grows). Plus, you're saving money on the commute to work and going from full time to part time daycare, so you save money there, plus lunch and other expenses that go with full time work. Congrats on the mommy-baby time.:-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:06 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't work, we live off my DH's military paycheck. We have one car that we still have payments on, and he bought a $500 used car for going the 10 miles a day back and forth to work. I get the Sunday paper to clip coupons because the paper cost $1.50 a week but I get $5-$10 of coupons per week for things I already buy anyway. I shop sales, make grocery lists, make menu plans, we do netflix instead of going to the movies very often, we have thought about getting rid of our landline phone and just using cell phones but we haven't done that yet. We do however bundle everything we can, like satellite, phone, cell phone, internet. There are some good deals out there if you haven't looked into that. Also cook meals from scratch, not convenience foods. Buy as minimally processed as possible and it ends up being cheaper.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:37 PM on May. 22, 2010