What would you do?

I just found out I am pregnant with #4. almost everyone is happy for us. We are so happy and excited. My SO Has a great job there is food on the table, my kids all have everything they could ever want, but My step-mom keeps posting on my facebook how we ruined her plans and how she is paying for another kids and she post's this where everyone can see it. They had invited us to a bbq next weekend I changed my rsvp to not attending because I don't feel like being put down in front of my other children. There are already 12 grand-kids. I know most people would love to have that many grand-babies. Just wondering if you would do the same thing, or if you think there is something else i should have done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't go. She is just an overbearing heiffer. She'll only upset you.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 2:16 PM on May. 22, 2010

• feel free to post my previous reply on FB for her to see. LOL
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 2:17 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i would not go. i'd tell her that if she can't be happy for you and the new baby then she needs to keep her mouth shut, especialy around the kids.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:21 PM on May. 22, 2010

• No way in hell would I go. A baby is a blessing and she should be damn proud to be welcoming another grandchild into this world.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:33 PM on May. 22, 2010

• How is she paying for your kids? I wouldn't go, no reason to willingly subject yourself to that...
    Anonymous

• I would not go and leave her alone. How is she paying for your kids this makes no sense?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't go either. and congrats on haviing number four i just found out I am having number three and we are pretty excited as well
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:07 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't go. And to answer the PP, some people seem to think that if they occasionally buy your kid a gift... or babysit one day a year...they are taking care of your kids. A friend of mine has a MIL who is always telling her friends how involved she is with her grandson and she took him to the zoo and this and that etc....and none of it was true! Some people are crazy. My own MIL always assumes we have no food because I'm currently the breadwinner and women just apparently are not capable of earning decent money. So she brings us groceries, after we tell her we don't need them, and then gets confused when there is no room in the fridge to put them. I guess that qualifies her as "feeding my family?"
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Wow, how is SHE paying for another kid? She's crazy. See, myself, I'd go and call her out about it, but I'm just ornery like that. I'd blame the pregnancy hormones too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:35 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thank you all. We are doing cloth diapers with our son but they always buy disposable thinking we can't afford diapers. Our kids seriously have everything my girls every week get a new littlest pet shop toy, and a coloring book or something like that and the baby has a playpen full of toys and they have dressers over filled with clothes I feel very blessed to be able to support my family the way we do. I am refusing to go and I hate to punish my dad cause his wife but I can't expose my family to that. My last pregnancy was very stressful I was on bed rest for most of it and during labor his heart-rate dropped. so I am trying to avoid all stress this time around. But thank you ladies for all your comments.
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 4:00 PM on May. 22, 2010