Rock.Me.Hard place.

Ugh. In the beginning stages of a relationship, when a long lost "friend" (guy with whom I could never get the timing right) contacted me. Been thinking a lot about "friend" while Other Guy and I try to arrange parenting/work/school schedules to spend time together. OG is sweet and funny and I want to get to know him better, but "friend" and I have history. To complicate matters worse, there's another guy who claims to be in love with me who I tried to explain to that I am not interested, but he says he will "wait until I'm ready for him". After having the "I'm not interested" conversation, I am exhausted and don't want to tackle the "No, seriously, I'm REALLY not interested" topic. I see guy #3 M-F. I really wish I could disappear for a while, or at least just shut down. How do I let guy #3 down without making working with him uncomfortable? And what to do about guys 1 and 2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• tell #3 that you apretiate it but there is absolutely no chance. and you need to make a decision between 1 and 2. who would you rather be with?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2010

• you little pimp you...lol. Hang in there. The star-struck one will give up. The other two...no clue sweatheart.
    Anonymous

• I think you will wonder what you missed out on for the rest of your life if you don't explore your feelings for #2 JMO. As for #3 don't lead him on, but there is no need to say it again as long as he isn't being too pushy. YOu do work together after all.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:28 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I would say just make sure with #3 you dont flirt, just act super professional, dont see him outside of work, then you dont have to say anything else, hopefully he will really get the point. If he says something like that again, just say that you feel uncomfortable when he says that, and you would prefer your relationship to stay professional. For the issue between #1 and #2 first really face the idea of #1, what prevented you from being together in the first place, what has changed, is it more a fantasy than a reality. You can have a lot of chemistry with someone and be terrible together, so think about 5 years in the future with #1, think realisticly, not a fantasy, what do you truelly believe from his normal behavior your life would be like? Is that what you want? If you decide that he isnt what you really want, give it a shot with #2, if you really want #1 dont lead #2 on. Thats not fair to him.
    Anonymous