Am I depressed or do I just need to vent?

Sometimes I wake up happy & blessed for the wonderful husband & beautiful girls I have (both under 2 yrs old). During these times I feel like I am a terriffic mother, always involved with her girls & feel like I can tackle anything. These times DH is home or I am with family members/friends. However, most times I dont want to get out of bed, I try to sleep in as long as I can, & try to lay in bed as long as I can, I even nap with my girls to get the day over with quicker. When I am alone with my girls I feel overwhelmed, I am always angry, agitated, anxious, sometimes I just want to cry, & really I just want to leave my DH & let him have the girls. But when I am away from my girls, I am always talking about them, & missing them. What is wrong with me? Why am I feeling like this? How can I make these awful feelings stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe you need some counseling
    Anonymous

• It sounds like depression. Talk to your doctor or see a counselor. If that's not an option, eat healthy and try Vit B complex.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:18 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I have to be honest you sound a bit depressed, but I dont think you should just run out and get on medication, thats everyones jump to thing to do. I think you just need to face it, and figure out why you feel the way you do, and what you can do to get out of your funk. Maybe instead of laying in bed get up and go outside. It sounds like you are not enjoying being a mom, and being home by yourself, so find some ways to enjoy it. Do something totally out there and crazy, maybe make a mud puddle and all go jump in it and roll in it, something dirty and messy and outdoors always makes people feel better. Plus imagine the memories your kids will have. Just do something. The more you sit around and think about it the more misserable you will be. Make your life what you want it to be, and start enjoying the blessing you have of being able to be home with your kids.
    Anonymous

• I am in the same situation just about, except I do love my DH, I just feel he isnt the same person as he used to be. I know people change over the years, but to go from being this completely affectionate person that wasn't afraid to show the world he loves me and adores me, to this person that literally will walk like 10 steps ahead of me, hardly touches me, doesnt talk to me much, and is very selfish in the bedroom. I'm always crying and feeling neglected and sad, because I feel he has totally shut the door in my face forever!
    Anonymous

• aww mommy you do sound like you could be suffering from depression, talk to a medical professional to see if counseling or medication might help you get back to yourself. Hang in there and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you are not alone with your feelings.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 10:30 AM on May. 23, 2010