BULLIES!!!

Ok so my nephew is pretty big for his age, he is 8 and has a single mother. anyways there were old kids that would pick and bother him then one day one of the boys kept pushing him in the face he got mad so he fought back and beat up the bully and had the boy in a head lock. as a parent would u punish ur son for doing something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. I was in a similar situation recently. I'm a single mother, although I'm not sure what that has to do with him standing up for himself. My son was punished for making threatening remarks to another student, who was not punished although he'd been bullying my son for the past week. Because the bullying wasn't reported, the other student was let off. I'd punish my kid for bullying but not for defending himself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:54 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i'm all for self defense if it's necessary...unless it is overdone (totally different story if it's a mugger or someone extreme like that). If my son was in this situation, I dont know if I'd punish him, but I would definately give him a talking to, maybe even sign him up for karate since they teach self defense, self discipline and self control.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:56 PM on May. 22, 2010

• No i wouldn't. If its in self defense I think its ok. If the school punishes him that's the way it is, but my DH and I would be proud of him for standing up for himself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:59 PM on May. 22, 2010

• No...Ive always told my children "If someone starts it...YOU finish it"
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 3:01 PM on May. 22, 2010

• NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL!!!! My step sons are very big for their age. they are 9 1/2 and just got new shoes a 10 1/2!!! I mean they are almost 5 foot and they both are big kids. If they are picked on at school they have been instructed to fight back!!!! My boys won't take no sh*t from nobody!!lol

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:36 PM on May. 22, 2010

• If my children are standing up for themselves to a bully, and they didn't start the fight, then I absolutely would not punish them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Nope. My children are no victims, and I wouldn't accept them to be. Someone bullies my kids, they know they have my okay to do whatever they need to to protect themselves and others. No questions asked!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 PM on May. 22, 2010