Father's Day

What kind of gifts do you give your father or husband? What is the popular gift idea this year and most importantly gifts on a budget?

BjFuller

Asked by BjFuller at 3:09 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Every year, I try to do something that has my son's handprints on it. If you were to look at each year's homemade gifts, you can see the handprints going up in size. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:33 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I have my DD make a gift, whether she paint a picture, draw a picture, or I put some photos in a collage for him. Whatever it is is has to be from HER, not something I bought at a store. This year I will do hand prints of my DD and new DS, and put their picture in the middle of it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:11 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I get him treats. Like his favorite candies,nuts, cookies beef jerky, something he doesn't get all the time.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Well this year we are getting my husband a beard trimmer. He's been saying that he wants one since right after Christmas. We are also going to make him his favorite meal and make him some homemade gifts.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My dad a T shirt of some kind this year I am possibly going to be buying my husband a boat :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:22 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Mine gets a video (on DVD) of different video and picture clips (set to music - this year it's Beautiful Boy by Lennon) of DS from after Father's Day last year up till Father's Day this year.

I don't know what to help DS get him yet this year though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I am getting my hubby cigars and the new Droid cell phone.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My 9 yr old and I will go shopping and pick up a few small things that we know dh wants or needs and put everything in a big goody bag... most often it's his favorite treats, maybe another collectible item ( he is a firefighter and has an excessive collection of items) and cards from each of us and then I make his favorite meal...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I was going to get my husband a boat, but it turned out not to be that great a deal so instead he is getting his membership to Duck's Unlimited, some clothing from there, some shirts from Hurley and sideline tickets to the Texas Longhorns Football game in Nov.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010