Is this normal?

I'm 6 weeks along, and I started cramping and bleeding. This happened once before 3 weeks ago, went to the emergency room, and they told me my cervix was closed, quanatative level was going up, and i should be ok. No doctor wants to see me until i'm 10 weeks along, or if i misscarry. so is this something normal that will pass or am i bound for miscarriage?

mrspaukowits

Asked by mrspaukowits at 3:30 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of a Dr not wanting to see you until you are 10 weeks. Mine saw me at 5...as soon as I knew I was pregnant.

I would seek out a new BETTER Dr...NOW!
    Anonymous

• There is nothing a doctor or going to the ER could do. If you have an miscarriage it is rare that you need to have to have a D&C and the decision isn't made to do that until you have lost a lot of blood. It is normal and common to have miscarriages, I had 3 of them. It's fine to not go to the doctor until 10 weeks.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:37 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Gailll I know its "OK" to not be seen until 10 weeks. But I have never heard of a Dr sending you away or telling you to wait?

If I was having a miscarriage I would want to know with an internal ultrasound or something. Instead of just wondering.

Some women bleed around the time of their period, especially the first month or two. Just blood alone does not mean she is having a miscarriage. A Dr would need to confirm that for her.
    Anonymous

• This can definitely pass and you can go on to have a nice healthy baby. Just stay calm and take it easy for a while. Take your vitamins and drink plenty of water.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:59 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Kaiser wouldn't even see us until almost 10 weeks. That was just their normal protocol.
    As far as a miscarriage, there isn't anything they can do, except examine to make sure everything has passed (basically, that nothing is left).
    Some cramping and bleeding can be normal, but if the bleeding gets heavy (as in, second day of your period heavy), then you need to go in. Again, there's nothing that can be done to stop a miscarriage, but they can help with the cramping with meds if you wish, and double check that everything is okay.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:16 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Well just as it did three weeks ago, the cramping stopped after that day, and bleeding has lightened up almost entirely...so maybe since this is my first time being pregnant, my body is just still trying to have a period?? I guess I can only hope thats what it is...let you know how it goes...
    mrspaukowits

Answer by mrspaukowits at 1:42 AM on May. 25, 2010