Has anyone felt like...

You were not worthy enough to have such an awesome child/ren? Sometimes I feel like I must have done something really aqwesome in a former life or something because my DD may piss me off beyong belief but sometimes I just feel like she is too good for me to be her mom!!! She is such an awesome kid that I just wish I could capture each and every moment so when I feel bad about myself (which I had a moment or two this morning) or when I feel like a failure I can look at a moment that my DD made me feel like I must be the best person ever to have her in my life!!! So have any of you felt like that...( I must stop before I cry lol)

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 3:41 PM on May. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel that way too. All 4 of mine have turned out great. 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 almost teen. At times, I think I dont deserve them or maybe what Ive done in life they wouldnt want me as a mom but knowing them, they would *oh boy, here comes the water works*
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 3:52 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Kathy I know I couldn't write anymore!!! It's like she's only 2 1/2 and already she is sooo friendly and kind! I love it. We were at a shoe store today and she went right up to some other kids and that was it they were best friends. She is such a better kid than I was. What good did I do to deserve her? I don't know but I would loooooove to find out!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:53 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i feel that way too! you got me all choked up! i love my family! dh and i are very very blessed!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:56 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Sorry for the tear jerker ladies lol. I have just had such a bad day and my DD just makes me smile and I thought I would share and maybe have others think of it too lol.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:02 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes. DD is 3.5 we still have to make it through the teens but she is sooo sweet & loving & adorable & smart...Actually I ask my DH today "is it normal to stare at your child in aww so much? Will we outgrow this?!" lol...
    Our family always tells us we are lucky for her cause she is kind & thoughtful in ways I didnt know a young kid could be.. She has always been an easy child too, easy potty train, easy napper, never attached to the hip. shares. friendly. I keep getting worried about when will this end?! lol
    I feel bad for some people cause they make having kids sound horrible. "OH shes (fill in age) those times were tuff because ..., just wait for the (fill in something bad) to kick in! It only gets harder atleaste your past ** age ...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:47 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes, many times I have felt, " must have done something right to deserve them" enjoy the feeling!

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on May. 23, 2010