how to get used to this work schedule

My husband just got a second job for the summer to get caught up and get his car fixed. his work schedule is monday night thru thursday night 8 to 7am
and then sat and sunday he works his other job from 3pm to 3am.

we only have one car so i can have the car once he gets home but i am worried he will not get any sleep with me and my two year old running around. i can take the car but really dont have any money to go anywhere. any ideas, and advice? thank goodness this is temporary!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would invest in a loud fan for dh to drown out noise and find some things for you dd to do either at the table...coloring, playdough etc....and outside play too....

Going to a park is free and fun too :)
    Anonymous

• When my husband worked 3rd like that, we kept the volume on the tv down, and I kept Kiwi out of the bedroom. Just hang a thick blanket over the window and keep the bedroom door closed and the volume in the rest of the house down. Good luck.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:49 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Parks, library (for storytime or just to check out books), mall (just to walk around and look), farmers market, strawberry picking, swimming pool? - when my kids were little I found all kinds of free stuff to do around town. I knew where every playground in the Raleigh, NC area was! Check your local Parks and Recreation Department - sometimes they have some really cool free/very low cost stuff going on too. Also, check our freecycle.com if you have one close by for some cool outdoor toys (sprinklers, bubble mowers, etc) for your 2 year old

Answer by missanc at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2010

• play groups, the gals can come pick you up.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:59 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My DH used to work 8pm to 5am...I hated it! lol It was rough on him at first because he didnt get much sleep, but there comes a point where they just get so exhausted that they pass out without even noticing the kids, dogs, etc. we just got some dark colored curtains and blinds for our room and I kept the kids and dogs out. He adjusted pretty quickly.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:01 PM on May. 22, 2010