What to do about an SO/ Dh who is lazy will not do anything but complains when it is not done

SO is lazy and admits to it but complains bitterly about the housework not being done. I have one day off a week and he complains bitterly about housework not being done but will not do it. I do it the yardwork and whatever else needs to be done plus school, work, and my own business. My question is how do I tell him politely I do not want to hear it?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 4:14 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell him to quit effing complaining & to get off his lazy ass & to fix HIS own problem.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:09 PM on May. 22, 2010

• You don't. You tell him to quit his bitching and do it himself because you are not superwoman.
    Anonymous

• Well are we talking nasty here or just a few dishes?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Tell him you will do housework if he does the yardwork. It's all about compromise

Answer by admckenzie at 4:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• why should he do if he knows you are going to take care of it all??? you have him too spoiled.
    Anonymous

• That is never going to happen. He would rather pay someone to do it . LOL I just do not want to hear it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Screw polite. Tell him to get off his ass and do something. Get together and have some set things that each of you will do, and somethings that will go back and forth (him-yard, you-laundry, everything else-both of you). If he starts bitching, tell him you're not his mom or a maid (and if you are a maid, you're not his!)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:32 PM on May. 22, 2010

i agree with this. maybe tell him what you would like him to do, and be flexible but still have a backbone.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:34 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Polite? Are you kidding me!! I'd tell my dh that if he wants it done, he can damn well do it!!! Te more I get bitched at, the less it will get done.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 6:20 PM on May. 22, 2010

• POLITELY!! U said he is lazy! u picked him! tell him to get off his butt and pitch in or shut up.
    Anonymous