What kinda questions would you ask your DH while on a date away from your kids?

So DH & I are having a rocky marriage on the verge of parting ways but both agreed on giving it another shot in finding ourselves again and falling in love again. So tonight we are gonna have a dinner & rent a flick just the two of us while the girls are sleeping over with the grandparents. Now what should we talk about? What should I ask? please help.. what should i wear? what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Try starting over again. Just talk to each other, say what's on your heart. Be honest, but be humble and nice about it. Talk about the times when you first got together and the things that made you fall in love in the first place. Wear something that you know will turn his head. Maybe not overly provocative, but something you know he'll like.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:18 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Try treating it as a first date since it's starting over and refinding yourselves. Try not to mention the kids or any problems (leaky roof, low bank balance and such). And most of all, Have Fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I was listening to a relationship doctor say that you should talk with your mate for at least 10 min a day about each other. That means not about kids, not about bills or neighbors, just about each other. Talk about the journey so far with him and how you still feel about him. Talk about what turns you on about him. Just enjoy him. It will all come back to you. I flirt with SO and tell him how hot I think he is. We're both older folk and we both need to hear nice things like that. He's not into it but I'm ok with telling him that he still has the body men half his age would kill to have. I feed his ego and then he shows me his appreciation!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:27 PM on May. 22, 2010

• dress up. wear something kinda sexy and do your hair and makeup. it will show him you still want to impress him. you should never stop courting your spouse.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:45 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Look a little different then you usually do. Sometimes a small change in appearance can be a total turn of for husbands. I know that when i dyed my hair a while back, it drove DH crazy...LOL! And when i wear something out of the norm, he likes that too. Definitely don't talk about kids, money, & life. Talk about each other, like what admckenzie said. Flirt with him, tell him casually that he smells good, & ask him questions. Ask him about his boss & his work & be interested in what he has to say (even if it's boring) There has to be something you guys have in common, talk about that...whether it be music, plants, books you read, politicians you hate or love...tease a member of your family...LOL, sharing a laugh together is really one of the best remedies. Does he play games? Cards...backgammon...chess??? Good luck lady, I'm rooting for you!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:06 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Wear something that you know HE likes on you, shows you remembered what he said about it, and that you noticed the compliment. If you're just trying to have a nice evening together, and not worry about trying to discuss ways to fix problems, try talking about a few of the things that you loved about him when you first met! Reminisce about the way he made you pee your pants laughing, about the way he stood up for you, etc.
    I agree with those saying don't talk about the kids, your problems, money, etc. I don't think work should even be a topic. Think about the things that make you want to fight for the relationship, and keep those things in mind. Good luck!!
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• 1. Read 5 languages of love. 2. Take the "Love Dare" if DH will do it :-)
    There is alot you can do! Get a new outfit (including panties/bra) that you think he will like if budget is OK (if im making good w/DH, i show clevage). Can you get a fresh haircut? A nice hint of perfume you havent wore in a while he loves?
    Try to remember something from your past and go from that.
    If your guy is into it. Ask if you can meet him at the restaurant. when you approach him, act like you have never met him, and compliment him on his hair/shirt/eyes... introduce yourself & have a "first date" all over again. learning his fav. movies, music. hobbies. goals. flirt, touch his hand for a moment.."would you like to continue this dinner at your place?"
    Start doing things you enjoyed together before kids. Surprise him with something sexually or w/ something he likes. Let him see you doing something u enjoy/ good at.. Good LUCK!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2010

• OP HERE: I just wanted to say thanks alot ladies...I really appreciate the help 0:)
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• these ladies pretty much said it all. good luck op!!
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:12 AM on May. 23, 2010