how old is too old to babysit?

my boyfriends grandma is the main person to sit for us but she is 85 and our son just turned 2 and im worried about leaving him overnight with her, she isnt getting any younger. she isnt sick or very forgetful, if anything she watches him too hard lol. but when is it time for her to stop watching him for extended periods of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My grandmother was in her 80's and did fine when I needed her to help me. It's all about her health and what she's capable of doing. I guess you'd also have to consider what happens if she doesn't wake up and the child is alone the next morning or if she falls and breaks a hip and can't take care of the child. My grandmother lived with my dad so she wasn't alone at night, just during the day.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i think it really depends on her. i'v known 85 year olds that were perfectly fit to watch children, then again my mom is 50 and my sister and i both agree we dont really want her watching our kids.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• If a person is healthy enough to care for a kid all night and can chase them and keep up, age doesn't matter.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Age isn't the factor, it's health (mental and physical) and energy levels. Someone may be uncapable at 60 and another may be more then capable at 90. It's all dependant on the person. Heck I am 31 and I could drop dead watching your son. If you are that concerned hold off overnights until he is able and vocal enough to call 911.
    Anonymous

• Why dont you find someone else if your worried?
    Anonymous