i have a friend who is planning to fly half way across the country when she is due to have a bayin like 3 weeks from then. gone for about 5 days... isn't that a huge no-no?

its her 2nd, and i dont think her first was early... but i was told no flying within 4 weeks of your due date...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its to see her husband in the military.
    Anonymous

• I was told not to fly my 3rd trimester... why can't he fly to her?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:57 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i was told 6 weeks before my due date, but i cant say i blame her for wanting to see her husband. i would do the same thing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:00 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Most airlines wont let a woman fly that far along.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:11 PM on May. 22, 2010

• she is quite overweight...you wouldn't be able to tell she was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I don't think thats is a good idea. she should talk to her ob before taking the trip. plus if she is overweight i would imagine that her pregnancy is high risk so that makes it an even worse idea
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Well, ultimatly that is a decision between her and her Dr. Normally, they don't like for you to travel because of the higher possiblity of labor, birth, or something going wrong, however some people are cleared to fly. Also many airlines restrict flight at that time due to the fact that they aren't equipped to birth a baby in the plane. I'm not sure what the repurcussions are for lying to the airline in the event that that would happen.

It's risky at best....
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:14 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My midwife told me no flying after 37 weeks, so if she flies 3 weeks before her due date, she should be fine. Assuming she hasn't had any complications and she is a low risk pregnancy. I would just recommend she take a copy of her medical record with her so her new doctor or the doctor that delivers her baby will have all the info he/she needs.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:34 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Airlines DO let you fly that close to your due date with Dr's persmission. Why do you care what she is doing anyway??
    Anonymous

• It's a no-no. Like others have said, the airlines won't let her w/o a doctor's note.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:13 PM on May. 22, 2010