BBQ ribs?

Do you boil them first before you put them on the grill or do you put them straight on the grill raw and cook slowly?
We put them straight on the grill raw. Cook them slowly.

Asked by louise2 at 4:57 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Never boil them, takes all the good flavor right out of them.

You can put a bbq rub on it, or just use salt & pepper. Wrap it up REALLY well in some heavy duty tin foil. Put your oven to 300 & let them bake for 2 1/2 hours in there. Then, get your grill going, throw some BBQ sauce on your ribs & grill them until they are nice & sticky.

I used to boil them until i tried this method, trust me it is SO MUCH better!

You can grill them low too, gas grill woks better because it's easier to control the heat & you don't have to worry about the coals cooling down. BUT, you won't have that smokey flavor if you use a gas grill.

GL! PM me if you have questions, I'm a serious BBQ lover!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:25 PM on May. 22, 2010

• we puts our in the pressure cooker for 15 to 20 mins then just puts them on the bbq for a couple second to get the bbq flavor threw them, and the mean is just falling off the bones when it comes off the bbq...yummy. yup i think i am going to have bbq for dinner tomorrow :D
    Anonymous

• Cook them slowly. And I mean really low heat for like five hours and they will be the most delicious things ever.
    Anonymous

• This is how my DH makes his Ribs. He seasons them up and puts them on the gas grill. Cokks them tell they are about half way done. Then he will rap them in heavy duty tin foil tell they are done. They come out tender.

Answer by louise2 at 5:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Depends on the type of the grill and how much time you have. If you have a really good smoker I would smoke them all day low and slow with a hickory applewood blend. If you are pressed for time you can roast them low and slow in your oven wrapped in foil and then soak in a brown sugar/apple vinegar mix for about 24 hours in the fridge. When you are ready to grill them, add whatever dry rub or wet sauce you have and get to eatin' !!
    Boiling ribs makes them rubbery and you lose all the meat flavorings. The best way to get good ribs is to BUY good ribs to begin with from a quality butcher. Huge huge difference.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on May. 24, 2010