Did any of your children have GERD? I think my daughter has it.

My daughter is 7 months old and struggling to gain weight, yet she's growing more than an inch a month. She never ever spit up as a newborn, yet starting last month she has been spitting up anywhere from 1-4 times a day. Yesterday was awful. She usually can only get down a maximum of 22 oz a day but yesterday she only ate like 17 and she projectile vomited twice. I did some research and I'm starting to think she has GERD. I'm looking for advice to help ease it, are there any medications your child was on that helped? Good home remedies? Any other suggestions on what she has? She is dancing on the edge of the 1st percentile for weight and she is only going to drop lower if she continues to grow in heighth and not being able to gain weight to keep up.

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 5:05 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my boys had reflux as infants. One had silent reflux and never threw up. The other had classic reflux, for the most part. Both did very well on Prevacid and Reglan and outgrew it around a year old.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:15 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My son had reflux and his doctor put him on Zantac.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 6:52 PM on May. 22, 2010