What would your Bf?SO/DF/Dh have to do to have you turn your back on him

OK so this came up in a question I had answered. I will be honest since that is what I am expecting here. My SO is going to prison in a matter of less than 1 month and so many people are saying I am stupid for staying with him. He did not hurt anyone he was illegally downloading movies and music and selling them because he lost his job and had 3 kids to support. Anyway I will stand by him because yeah he did something super dumb but I still love him. So would youturn your back? If not what would he have to do for you to turn your back on him?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 5:09 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are a few deal breakers that we discussed before we were ever married. Cheating, abuse, drug use, or violent crime would be the end of the marriage, no exceptions.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:12 PM on May. 22, 2010

• no way. that's not a good reason to leave. my dh would have to abuse me or our children in some way for me to leave. love is about forgiveness. personaly i think there is no reason to even forgive him considering he was trying to make ends meet. granted he should have found another way. maybe your family just has a problem with him.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies. That is what I said. I love him and he would like you guys said abuse me or the kids or do something violent!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:14 PM on May. 22, 2010

• abuse or cheating would do it for me.
    Anonymous

• Cheering on the patriots
    ok just kidding
    for real abuse any kind towards me or our kids. I don't know if i could handle another cheating incident either. We worked through one but i don't know if i could again.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I would not leave for that. Cheating, violence, substabce abuse are some reasons i would leave.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Me,, I would have to think long and hard if I was going to leave him over that. But abuse, Having an affair, drug using or selling, going to jail for a violent crime, and telling me he is gay or bisexual, I would leave him for.

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Sorry to hear your man is going to jail. If he were my man and I loved him I'd stand by him too. I would not consider the type of crime he did something to leave him over. Now if it were cheating, violence, abuse, drug/alcohol abuse, gun crime, murder -- those are things that I could not condone and I would end the relationship.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:33 PM on May. 22, 2010

• maybe when he gets out he can find something else to do.. it is illegal to sell downloaded stuff.. but def not the reason to leave them.. my father downloads movies [even burns them on a dvd for friends] but he always resort to fixing computers and cars to make money.. he's been out of work for 2 years.. the only thing the friends pay him for movies are dvds and we keep it on the dl.
    if you're having a hard time struggling, try TANF or food stamp [tanf cash assistance if you didn't know]
    as everyone else said, cheating, abuse or anything like that I'm gone.. I left my son's father for cheating.. it's not right when you're engaged, married, or have children together and whatnot.
    Anonymous

• I would not leave for that, either. If he abused my daughter or me or cheated, I would leave him. Other reasons on a case by case basis.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2010