I want another baby, but ...

I have 2 kids now. A 2 year old and 3 year old. I've always wanted to have a big family, because I grew up with one sibling who I never had a good relationship with growing up. Even now we only talk at big family get togethers. Problem is my husband is happy with the two kids we have now, and says he doesn't want anymore. Neither of us use protection besides the pull-out method. I've asked my husband what he'd do if he had another, and said he'd do the samething he's doing now helping raise our kids. I just don't think this type of decision can just be made only because he says he doesn't want anymore. Hypathetically is there anything I can do to increase my chances of becoming pregnat even with him pulling out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• That's how I ended up becoming a mommy LOL!
    Anonymous

• If that is the only birth controll you are using. You will get pregnant again. Weather he likes it or not.

Answer by louise2 at 5:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• my dh said he didn't want anymore after two. then we got pregnant with twins. then we got pregnant again! my dh is no good at the pullout method!! i am very happy with my family!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• OP: We've been doing the pull-out for 2 years. I'm at the point where it seems hopeless.
    Anonymous

• OP--Maybe you should just embrace the two healthy children you have now, and spend time helping them to develop the relationship they have with each other, while embracing the fact that they are different people and will likely not always be interested in the same things, and you as parents--you have the ability to increase the odds that they will have the kind of sibling relationship you wished you had growing up. You can establish family and sibling togetherness by making time to do things together that everyone enjoys.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:39 PM on May. 22, 2010