Help with my 19month old terror.

My son is 19monts old and some days he is so good and the love of my life. Some days I have to wonder. I don't think I need to explain what he's doing, it's probably some most kids his age do. Throwing tantrums, throwing food and other objects, some hitting and not listening.

I pick my battles, try to be patient, try redirecting and time outs. I'm pregnant again and some days I'm so tired I go straight to frustrated. My husband works two full-time jobs and when he is home he is sleeping. This is all on me.

I know some toddlers that have been well behaved and some that are complete terrors. I want my son and I to pull out of the terrible twos and I would like to have some hair left too. Any advice for me on disapline? or Anything really involving toddlerville?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 5:33 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sorry to tell you but the terrible two are only beginning and the INTOLERABLE THREE's are coming.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:52 PM on May. 22, 2010

• LOL!!! Thanks MomoofDagJag!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 5:59 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Not much help here, but your not alone. I have an 18 month old who is the same way. Some days hes great, other days, like today for example, hes a terror. I also am pregnant, 38 weeks, and usually go straight to frustrated. I look forward to bedtime for him and then feel bad after hes finally asleep. Its hard sometimes. Good luck and message me anytime if you wanna chat and tell me how awful your day was haha, i will do the same :)
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 7:15 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Congratulations! And yes, from experience I know first hand how toddlers can be. You should get some rest time when your toddler takes a nap. And to tire him out, a good recommendation is to take him outdoors for some fresh air during the day, even if it's only to the park for an hour or two. It does them a world of good. It really helps get rid of some of that pent up energy they demonstrate when they are inside. (hope this helps!)
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• CafeMocha! I know this is part of the problem! I work full time and every Saturday and Sunday for the last 6 weeks has been rainy, windy and cool. Not that my kid will melt in the rain, but the playground isn't safe when it's wet. I take him to the mall indoor playground and let him run the hallways of the mall. It does help a little. We are having a hard day today! I didn't want to risk grocery shopping so I ate raman noodles for supper, that might make me crabby too! :)

I usually nap when he naps and today he was so nice as to play quietly in his crib until I woke out of my prego coma. But then he proceeded to smush a nutragrain bar into the carpet while I wasn't looking, ask for crackers because they are fun to smush in his hand, throw a bunch of tantrums and hit me twice. Did you know Nutragrain bars turn into super glue upon contact? I wish I had a backyard and a fence!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:45 PM on May. 22, 2010