Question about sex (may offend some)

So I had DD about 3 months ago. We waited about 8 weeks to have sex. It still hurts so much to have sex. How long does it take for this pain to go away? I also have to go pee all the time and get pains in my girly area. When do you feel 100% back to before you had a baby? Thanks so much... Sorry if this is too much info. Just need to know. Thanks Again!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I have never gotten back to normal. Since having our first son, sex has become painful! I have more and more trouble with dryness and certain areas are so sore that we have had to completely shift our positions or it's way to much for me... And our oldest is 4... I had an epesiotomy with him and caused some pretty bad scar tissue, when I had my second the cut crossed where the first one was and caused more scar tissue... I talked to my doctor, they said it may never get back to normal...

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:03 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I started feeling back to normal within a few weeks of giving birth. I do know all women are different though. At 3 months I may be a bit concerned and would call my doctor.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 5:54 PM on May. 22, 2010

• that sound like whe i had a urinary tract infection I had to pee all the time and it hurt like hell. you should go see your doc just to make sure everything is ok
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:02 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I had a really rough delivery with my first, and sex was uncomfortable until he was about a year old. I thought I would never heal completely, but by the time he was about a year old, things were back to normal. I had an easy delivery with my second and sex was never painful after I had him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I'd talk with my doctor. I was fine by 6 weeks after all my deliveries.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:28 PM on May. 22, 2010

• OP HERE

This delivery was aweful the baby was 8.5 pounds and they put the epi in the wrong spot. No medication so i screamed so much the next day it hurt to talk. i actually have nightmears. My husband is having a visectomy next week. My first was 6.1 pounds and not one painful moment. I just dont feel as if im going to get better i get shap pains all the time ans my "area" feels like its going to fall out at times. Sorry but true its so painful. My Dr says give it time....
    Anonymous

• I felt pain for almost a year after I had my 2nd daughter....I guess healing time varies with different people....
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 6:57 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My first was 8.4 lbs. and 28 hours of labor (pushing the last 2), tearing was pretty bad and I was ready for sex after 6 weeks.
    I know we're all different, but I would go have it checked out.
    GL
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:14 PM on May. 22, 2010

• If you are talking about pain in the walls of your vagina, I still have pain 7.5 months after my DD, occasionally. I tore 4 times so that is understandable. I asked my Gyno a few times about it and she said it is normal, it's still healing & to lube up really good before doing anything. Lubing up real good actually does relieve alot of the pain.
    If you are talking about pain in your cervix, I had that also. It took awhile, 2-3 months but now, I have no pain from that.
    Your body may just need extra time to heal. Like your doctor said, give it time.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:04 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i think u need to see your doctor. it does sound as if u could have a urinary tract infection. that needs medicication to clear up. make an appt. GL
    Anonymous