What do I do when my 8 mo old stops liking baby food?

At about 6 mos, my sister mentioned to me I should start giving her some solids or pasta so she can learn to pick things up and put them in her mouth(I know....great sister, right!;)) So we tried the pasta thing, and Lily (daughter) loves it. She gets cereal for breakfast, but for her lunch and dinner she wont eat baby food. I have made my own baby food and she doesnt seem to like that either. The italian blood runs very thick in my family.

mnhagedorn

Asked by mnhagedorn at 5:55 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her whatever you're eating. If she likes pasta, just make sure it's whole wheat and add some cheese and veggies to it - my son likes broccoli if it's cut up small, little pieces of tomato, cukes, etc. in his. But at 8 months we just switched our kids to table food, whatever we were having and it worked well - much better tasting than baby food!

Answer by missanc at 6:01 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I never fed my son baby food, just whatever we were eating, veggies, noodles, cheese. Just coursly mash it up, or give her soft finger foods
    Anonymous

• Shr is plenty old enough to stop feeding her babyfood. Give her what you are eating
    Anonymous

• Give her table food. My 9mo loves just about everything we eat.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 8:51 PM on May. 22, 2010

• yeah, table food is fine. just make sure it's soft enough that you can smush it in between your fingers and she will be fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Table foods are fine. Never did "baby food."

Answer by gdiamante at 4:37 AM on May. 23, 2010

• My son did the same thing at 7 months. So, i gave him what i was eating. He loves it. And to this day still hates anything with a baby food texture like applesauce..lol...They arent stupid, they know what tastes good!!!! lol..Give her what your eating!! My doctor said to stay away from honey, peanut products, shellfish (fish is ok) and real milk. Other than that he eats eeeeeeverything!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:11 PM on May. 23, 2010