Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I interefere and Call child services ?

A friend of mine, we will call her “sally” has a 18mo old and is pregnant again. Sally says she loves her baby, but her sister says otherwise. Every time I talk to Sally, she always “just dropped the baby off with ___” whomever. She has recently become friends with a girl who does crystal meth. Sally was about 50lbs overweight from her previous pregnancy and lost ALL the weight in a month. She is now a little over 7 mo pregnant, and still in her pre pregnancy jeans.

And when I asked Sally if she does drugs she said “I smoke weed and cigarettes, that’s all”. It seems like recently Sally keeps going to the Emergency Room for different things. Her sister said its because she is addicted to Opiates (Oxycodone, Vicoden, etc)

On top of that, she is pregnant with a little girl. The man she married is a convicted molester.

If I called someone, who would I call?


Asked by Lil_Mama_45 at 6:38 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Child Protective Services, YES you need to call, you can remain anonymous. Good luck & remember you're doing this for the child.


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on May. 22, 2010

  • Call CPS. You can find the number in the government county section of the phone book or search online by county.

    Answer by MomMom23 at 6:49 PM on May. 22, 2010

  • if u call your local social services building they usually have an option for child protective services. GL mommy.

    Answer by khmymommi at 6:50 PM on May. 22, 2010