Would you sign for your 17 yr. old son to get married early?

What if you know the girl is all wrong for him? But his birthday is only a month later.

Scarletto691

Asked by Scarletto691 at 6:59 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• not MY son, lol....

He's 19 now, and I would highly discourage him, even though I LOVE his gf.

Good luck to you if that's what you are facing.
    Anonymous

• I sure would. I know quite a few people who were married before 18, and they are all doing great in their lives... I don't see any reason, unless I felt she would abuse him, that I wouldn't sign, especially if he were going to be 18 soon anyways, what's one month?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:03 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't. I'd tell him...one month isn't so far away...I don't support it...so you can wait. If I knew the girl was all wrong for him. But if I liked the girl and they were perfect together and they'd been together for a while...why not?
    Anonymous

• Ok first of all I'm scarletto691's daughter.. So, it is my brother's fiancee. Anyways let me tell you about her and lets see what you think. Ok her names Ashley and my brothers name is Drake so I can just say their names and you will know who I am talking about. Ok well he met this girl off the internet it was his first real girlfriend he has ever had they started goin out since 2008. Anyways this girl is so not right for him let me tell you how she really is. One time Drake was sick and she went and yelled at him and told him to go lay down and basically slammed him into his bedroom door. Another time wa sa confrontation with me she is way younger than I am. I am 24 well anyways I used to go out constantly and by the way I have 3 kids and am married anyways she was like can I talk to you I was like sure she was like alone so we went into another room she said why do you go to the club all the time? I was like because it is
    Destiny22

Answer by Destiny22 at 7:18 PM on May. 22, 2010

• fun then she asked why do you even have kids? I was like excuse me she said you dont deserve them you shouldnt be a mom and I was like who are you to talk to me like this you dont know me and I said I love my kids and they get taken care of and I was like I dont have to answer to you Im grown and my kids and fam are my buisness and sometimes parents need breaks. So , I walked out. Well, theres been alot more, but let me get to the part here lately all they have been talkin bout is getting married and how they got so much to get for their wedding that no one is coming to. I mean come on they could of waited til he turns 18 I didnt get married til almost 19 yrs old and I have been with my husband since I was 15. Anyways back to them. My mom has mersa and the only time he wants to see her is if she is paying her basically they treat everyone like crap they are very selfish. In April they came stayed at my moms house well that
    Destiny22

Answer by Destiny22 at 7:24 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I would say wait a month so you're not a part of it, and then be completely supportive of whatever your son decides. I was married at 18, and my parents were very much against it and made it very clear in some really hurtful, nasty ways. My husband and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in September. All these years later, my parents and I have made peace with each other, but there are scars in the relationship I have with my parents, and there always will be. Your son's relationship may work out and it may not. What will be important years down the road is how he remembers the way you handled it. Let him know that you love him and support him regardless of what happens with his girlfriend, and MEAN IT.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:27 PM on May. 22, 2010

• night my mom asked my brother to go check n see if my dads money was in the bank yet well it wasnt he came back and yells at my mom and says ITS NOT IN THERE WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT and I said no one is goin to do anything if its not in there its not in there you will have to wait til tomorrow then he goes I NEED TO LEAVE HOW AM I GOIN TO LEAVE WITH NO GAS MONEY and my mom was like drake tomorrow your dad will go to the bank and get it it will be there in the morning and he was like OH SO YOU ARE JUST GOING TO MAKE ME WAIT TIL LIKE 11 OR 12 TO LEAVE she was like drake what else can I do and then he stompped off.Well the next day he was supposed to leave as soon as he got his money and he didnt he decided to work on his car but the night before he yelled at my mom well then my daughter was supposed to go to her aunts and i would of taken her but my mom was like well drake and ashley are goin towards that way anyways
    Destiny22

Answer by Destiny22 at 7:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• it's only a month. but what are you going to do in a month when he gets married.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:35 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I said ok so he got ready to leave my mom paid him like 50 dollars that day she said take some of that money and feed your neice and here came ashley screamin and yellin at my mom WE ARE NOT GOIN TO USE "OUR" MONEY ON HER BECAUSE WE NEED IT FOR OUR WEDDING because thats all they ever say anyways she was like fine drake come get 4 more dollars and get her a combo and use a few extra dollars of yours and he was like no we are not thats money for our wedding and my mom was like your dad gave you alil extra so you all could eat. So she was like here drake take a few more dollars. then he left. Well after I found out I texted him and asked how can your fiancee want MY KIDS to call her aunt neither one of you act like aunt or uncle you all are so selfish with everything it is wrong its as bad as when you come to down and you tell mom we will not use our gas for you to go anywhere for you either we use your car or we dont go. And I
    Destiny22

Answer by Destiny22 at 7:36 PM on May. 22, 2010

• was like drake my daughter is your neice how can you treat her like that. He texted back and said We should not be FORCED to use our money on your kid especially if there is something to eat at home and we have to use this money on our wedding gas etc. We shouldnt have to do anything for her basically. Well then there was here recently when my mom had to go to FL to a place called the mayo clinic cuz she has mersa and could die from it and she had to go because it is spreading throiugh her tissues well when she went my brother called her and wasnt worried bout her he yelled and said you better be back by the 24th for that marriasge license to be signed. Then when she came home he called again and was like you better be goin to get it. Well this week he called her and asked tuesday cant u just get up and go get it and she was like Drake I dont feel good i have been runnin a fever throwin up etc and he was like your always going
    Destiny22

Answer by Destiny22 at 7:41 PM on May. 22, 2010