SAHM, terrible at housework.

I am a SAHM and I am terrible at housework.... Of course I clean everyday, I pick up toy and clothes, wash dishes, run the vaccum, and sweep the kitchen floor.... sometimes I remember to do a load of laundry a day.... I have always tried to be someone who loves to clean and was good at it, but I am not. I do all of those things everyday and yet my house is still a smelly, dirty, disaster. I find myself exhausted every evening ... but yet I look around and feel like nothing was accomplished.

Please tell me there are others out there like me !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Then maybe you shouldn't be a SAHM
    Anonymous

• Oh, Anon.... I knew one of you would pop up in this question. lol.

I feel that way alot of times too... most days I work my butt of and my house will "sparkle" for about 15 minutes and then I will notice a spot or something and look around some more and just feel like it isnt clean at all.....it happens to all of us....

Anyways, we are stay at home MOMS not stay at home MAIDS ... so as long as your kids are clean, healthy and happy I think your doing a good job !
    Anonymous

• You aren't alone. I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom last week and clean the livingroom, kitchen, and dining room daily. Between the 3 year old pulling out toys, the 8 month old tearing paper that the 3 year old leaves on the foor, and my husband just being a plain slob by dropping everything on the floor, by the end of the day it looks like I didn't do anything. I've gotten so used to being the maid, when I went to a buffet, some kids bumped into me hard and knocked my desert on the floor. I got down and cleaned it up to the point that the spot was no longer visible. I went with a friend and my two daughters and when we left (30 min later) that's when I realized that I was supposed to call over one of the staff to clean it up. I'm just used to cleaning up messes now.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 7:34 PM on May. 22, 2010

• yup, me too!!! Having young kids seems to mean not enough time in the day to get everything done, I'd rather play w/ & teach my dd than make sure my house looks like a show house.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• same boat here! it's fustrateing!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:39 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Sometimes you clean and clean and your luck to have one clean space or a clean room it would be easier if you were not the only one doing it sometimes. I feel your pain.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:42 PM on May. 22, 2010

• AS SOON AS SOMETHING IS DIRTY CLEAN IT AND WHEN THE KIDS ARE DONE WITH THE TOYS MAKE THEM PICK THEM UP ....MY HOUSE IS ALWAYS SPOTLESS, BECAUSE I CLEAN AS SOON AS I SEE ITS DIRTY ....AND I HAVE SO MUCH SPARE TIME DURING MY DAY TO DO WHAT EVER I WANT ! ....JUST TRY TO CHANGE THINGS UP AND CLEAN EVERYDAY .,EVENTUALLY YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...GL <3
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:58 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Oh, you're signing my song. I've been cleaning non-stop for weeks and still have too much laundry to do and only found my kitchen counters last night. Of course, I've already covered them again with today's cooking. It's a never-ending cycle. I gave up on the toys. Little comes behind me and pulls everything down as I pick up. I'll fight that battle another day.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:00 PM on May. 22, 2010

• same here. i even have a cleaning schedule and i bust my butt for several hours a day cleaning but it feels like im runnin circles. there are days where i wonder why i even try. at one point in time my house was always spotless but since having a 3 rd child that just isnt happening, and i cant really pin point why. im tryin to adopt an attitude of if its not perfect no one is gonna die and it wont make any difference years down the road. i make sure the home is safe and somewhat clean, and kids and husband are takin care of.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:12 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't believe in shoveling during a blizzard. Nor do I believe in spending all my energy just for a spotless house. I do the dishes, laundry and take out the garbage. Anything else can wait until I get around to it. My house smells like baby poop more often then not. I hate cleaning and usually will only do a real clean (scrubbing) when it really needs it. But even then it's only really clean until my son wakes up for a nap.

Google Erma Bombeck....She was us when it wasn't popular to be us.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:18 PM on May. 22, 2010