Has anyone had the Essure Procedure done?

I have 2 children and am 22 years old. I have a consultation in a couple weeks to have this procedure. I have been positive I am done having children since I was 7 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter, due to a lot of family medical problems. I would love to hear your input on this procedure if it has worked, how happy you are, did it hurt? I am so anxious to get this done, now that my hubby is on the same page as me :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't had it done, but a mom in one of my groups did. She ended up having to have a full hysterectomy because of it. It caused her so much pain and gave her horrible endometriosis.

Her experience is NOT typical, though, it is super rare. But that's been the only experience I have heard from it. Definately turned me off of it :( I hate IUDs and I'd do that before the essure.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:33 PM on May. 22, 2010