My Wedding.

If I get married at the JP because we are so so so tight on moneyThis thursday and comeback home no kids for four days. Then when we get back on our feet then we can have a big wedding and honeymoon.
So My question is any one out there just gets married at the JP'S then later on have a big wedding and then the honeymoon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I did that...but my big wedding was being planned in another country and being paid for by my father in law..so it was pretty much guaranteed that it was gonna happen a few months later. My advice to you, if you really really want a big wedding, is to try to set a date for it, even if you get married at the JP, and go ahead and book something (the venue and catering) so that you can either put aside some money every month for it, or you could find a place that would maybe let you pay a little every month until the date. Otherwise it is something that you could just keep putting off forever.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post.

My hubby and I got married Dec 08 and we still havent had our big wedding that we planned on doing. I have a feeling that we are never going to do it since it keeps getting put off to the side.
    Anonymous

• we got married at the courthouse. honestly, now that we have a home, our own business and almost 5 children, i can't imagine putting money into a big wedding.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:04 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I have several friends who did that. My best friend got married at the court house because she was living with her parents and they did not want her to be with the guy. They had a big wedding a few months after that.  It is possible, but easier if you have no kids.  Once you have children, that big wedding sometimes gets put off because there are other things to deal with. 

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:09 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i didnt do it but agree that if you want it you should do it. otherwise it gets put off and never happens.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I'd do it but wouldn't worry about the big wedding later. You can always save the money for a vow renewal in a few years and invite everyone.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I GOT MARRIED AT THE COURT A YEAR AGO AND WE PLANNIN G A BIG WEDDING IN 5 YEARS SO THAT WAY U CAN SAVE AND HAVE THINGS RIGHT BUT WHEN WE GOT MARRIED 4 OUR HONEYMOON WE JUST WENT TO THE BEACH FOR THE WEEKEND JUST TO GET AWAY BUT FOR OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSAY WE WENT TO VEGAS IT WAS NICE ITS YOUR DAY AND U DO IT THE WAY U AND UR HUBBY WANTS CAUSE IF U DO HAVE A BIG WEDDING IT DO TAKE TIME AND MONEY AND UR HEAD WILL BE HURTING SO U HAVE MY BEST WISH ES AND GOOD LUCK
    porshia09

Answer by porshia09 at 9:07 AM on May. 23, 2010