Bullyng help

My 15 year old is being harassed at school. I work there and can first hand believe what she says is true. One girl stood outside my office and made sure I could here her rant about what a b**** my dughter is. It took every ounce of blood I had to not run out there and open a can of wop a** on her. Of course I wouldn't but the mom in me wanted to act. One of them (3 total) posted some nasty stuff on ****book, but when caught was told to take it down, can I still retrieve it if I pursue a law suit? One mom I tried to contact, the other 2 are rather scary, shady individuals. The girls had been suspended and are now really made and won't let things go. Any thoughts, suggestions, tips, PRAYERS are so welcome. I just really need to hear some encouragement and support. Again, I know first hand that my kid isn't the "bad guy" as I've seen security tapes and witnessed first had what these girls are like.

RedHedMom39

Asked by RedHedMom39 at 8:24 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know what you should do, but make sure you do something! I was bullied and I had a lot of issues growing up. When I told my mom she said "what do you want me to do?" She should have tried to help me, talking to the principal, something. Your child needs you. Contact the school board if you can't get through to the parents.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:31 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Go to the police....go to whoever you need to try and get the issue addressed. Bullying is a serious issue. We see in the news all the time now young kids and teens who are being harassed to the point of causing serious damage, both physically and psychologically. Don't be discouraged by fruitless attempts at getting the bullying dealt with....pursue it as far as you have to and do everything in your power to make sure that someone takes it seriously. Document everything. Most of all...hold your head up and be supportive and encouraging to your daughter!
    bellaitaliapicz

Answer by bellaitaliapicz at 8:35 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Yeah, go to the police. That's a really good idea, I bet (and hope)that would convince them to leave your daughter alone. You don't want your daughter to be the next sad new story. Good luck.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• goin to the police sounds really good to me, some parents can't believe their child would be the one bullying ppl because they might be popluar but those are the main ones doing it. i can tell as a mother you will handle this the best way for your child and i'm hoping that you and your daughter have a grounded communication base cuz you will need it. some kids would rather not tell their parents and try to deal with it on their own and end up depressed to the point where they try/will commit suicide. i know i was a kid like that because me and my mother didn't talk alot. gather up all the info you can on these kids and take them to the CLEANER.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 8:48 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I am so sorry that your daughter is going through this- I dealt with "Bullies" all the way through school & it can tear you down to shreds- It also stays with you your whole life- On a positive note, i am thankful that everyone is starting to step-up & realize this is a very serious problem- I would take whatever measures you need to for these Bullies to leave your daughter alone- Go to the School Board, Police, ect... Take the e-mails with you- There is a great book called: "Please Stop Laughing At Me" By: Jodee Blanco- It has really good resources in it- Also, here are a couple of websites- www.ParentsConnect.com/Bullying & www.Edu-Safe.org (Stop Bullying At School) Hope this helps- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:37 PM on May. 22, 2010

• My god this is harassment and imitation go to the police!,talk to this bullies parents and tell them that you will not rest until they stop bullying you daughter
    cana337

Answer by cana337 at 11:15 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Go to the principal and tell him what is going on and tell him that if something is not done, and anything happens to your daughter, you will hold him responsible for not doing anything!

Answer by older at 10:35 AM on May. 23, 2010

• when I was 15 I was bullied and told an adult friend...who in turn called every single girl saying she was my big sister and told them that if they didn't back off she was going to have a meeting with their dad's each one of them.....well it did work!
    but yeah you also need to go to the superindenent and tell him/her your kid has rights to be prtected and and if they don't do anything you will contact the media...
    but you know what you could also call these bullys into the counslers office and ask them point balnk what the problem is and they arent leaving until they have talked about things...sometimes communication is key
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I would get a lawyer; he would probably be able to get the facebook records if you were pursuing legal action.
    I would also offer to pull your dd from this school and try another or homeschool her; there are formal online programs you can use. Her sense of safety and actual safety are the most important things.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:11 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You need to do 3 things in this order according to the Federal Anti Bullying Law.
    1) file a complaint with the school principal
    2) file a police report and follow up with the district attorney that you want to press charges
    3) press charges, get an attorney and file, file, file.

I had to do this with my DD when she was a freshman because some boy would not leave her alone. I filed both sexual harrassment and bullying. I got as far as step 2 because he was expelled from the school (yes it was really that bad) and none of the other schools would take him in over the charges files. He ended up in another state at a boys school.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 6:35 PM on May. 24, 2010