SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO ATACHED TO MY HUSBAND.

NOT THAT HE DOES WANT ME TO HAVE FRIEND OR NOTHING. BUT WE ACTULALY HUNG OUT WITH THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED (ALL GUYS- I JUST SEEMED TO GET ALONG WITH MEN MORE THAT LADIES AT THAT POINT OF MY LIFE). BUT NOW HE FEELS THAT I REALLY SHOULDNT HANG OUT WITH THEM ANYMORE (WITHOUT HIM) AND I DO UNDERSTAND AND ACTUALLY AGREE WITH HIM ON THAT. I GET JELIOUS AND EVEN A BIT MAD AT HIM WHEN GOES WITH "HIS" FRIENDS NOW. (HE DOESNT EVEN GO OUT THAT MUCH LIKE ONCE A MONTH, MAYBE.) WE WORK ALL WEEK AND HAVE GREAT FAMILY DAYS ON THE WEEKENDS SO HOW CAN I GET OVER THAT FEELING I GET? HE DOES DESERVE TO GO OUT EVERY ONCE AND AWHILE~NO? CONFUSSED BY THIS BECAUSE IM NORMAL PREETY SANE WHEN IT COME TO STUFF LIKE THIS SO PLEASE GIVE ME FEED BACK ON THIS ONE LADIES! :) ~KAY

KAYOCHOA

Asked by KAYOCHOA at 4:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• i totally get what you're saying, hubby's been my best friend since the beginning & we never really had free time so when we actually got some we spent it together. now i feel like i am socially retarded or something & unable to foster friendships with other "girls" when i naturally get along better w/the guys too. what i've done is really try to push myself past my comfort zone & make a point to connect w/other women/mommas & it's taking time but i'm getting there!! if you're involved in a church or other organization, start there. & if not-- start looking to get involved so you make connections with other people even if it feels awkward or uncomfortable at first. i believe it'll be worth it, it has been for me (though slowly but surely, lol)
    mommaCAT215

Answer by mommaCAT215 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try and find yourself some Mommy friends. people's needs, wants and desires all change as we get older. It's normal to get feeling of overattachemnt sometimes. Try to not let it consume you. The feeling will pass.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I underderstand how you feel I feel that way with my husband alot too. I don't really go out with my friends much or have that many girl friends in general. I have found that when my husband does do stuff with his friends that it is nice to go spend time with my mom or my sister. It gives my mom and my sister time to spend with my daughter as well. Another thing that I have found to work is take my daughter and go out and go shopping or take her to the park. It kills a lot of time and you are not alone. If he starts going out alot and you are uncomfortable with that, tell him but otherwise try and do something with your child(ren) or maybe your mother/sister/aunt.
    winesburghqh

Answer by winesburghqh at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You have every right to feel that way because you also deserve some time out, especially if they-were? are? both of your friends, but I agree with vbruno find some mommy friends it is not easy I have found that out but it can be done.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008