Why do I get jealous when my husband compliments others?

My husbands best friend's wife has been working out and so have I. He has said that I am looking good a lot. But when he brings up his friend's wife I get mad and jealous. I get competitive and I say well she still looks big to me. I know Im evil...She has lost weight and does look better than she did. But I didnt even have that much weight to lose to begin with. I just get so jealous!! Why??? I dont even want him to complement anyone! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• dont have a freakin complex and get over it..
    Anonymous

• Ignore those anons. I understand how u feel. I guess you just have to know your husband is into you and not his friends wife. But yea there are times I feel the same and want to lock my husband in a closet and keep him all to myself
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:51 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Wow why do people really have to say things that aren't helpful!? You guys shouldn't answer questions if you aren't going to help.
    To the poster, you should talk to your husband. Sounds like you are having some insecurities especially while you are trying to lose weight hearing about someone else looking good might be hard. Just keep losing weight and getting healthy the way you want to look and be happy. Im sure you will feel better after you lose your weight and wont feel compared against someone else. GL
    Anonymous

• Thanks to the 2 people not being judgmental. Gosh can't post something without someone making you feel stupid!
    Anonymous

• It would bug me because it sounds as if he is checking her out. My husband probably knows that that would piss me off. I don't check out his friends.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 9:16 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I'd be upset too. My husband can keep his compliments on me! Tell him to stop looking at his friends wife for heaven's sake.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:18 PM on May. 22, 2010

• lol. thanks guys! so im not crazy???
    Anonymous

• Why is he comlimenting her? Once is enough! Id tell him that it hurts your feelings. Im the type that would say "well is she looks so good why dont oyu go **** her". That gets my point across. Men are stupid sometimes. They always notice what or who is not theres.
    Anonymous

• men will always have eyes. just cause there married doesn'e mean there blind. Maby hes tryingto be nice? I hate it when my hubby says other women are pretty or when some show or comercial comes on and he's say "ya right, like they look that good". I know hes checking them out and it bugs me but I keep quiet.
    Anonymous

• Anon 6:32 pm Your response made me laugh so much. O my gosh I may have to pick that as best answer. lol
    Anonymous