does your 3 yr old child like to play baseball

Im only asking because everyone seems to think its very "UNNORMAL" for my 3 yr old to be able to play baseball and understand what to do ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Who knows if they really understand the rules but my 3 1/2 yr old LOVES to play baseball and has since heck...maybe 1 yrs old? He's actually very good at it and yells "Run the bases! Run the bases!" when he hits the ball. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:04 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Mine is just shy of three, and he sort of gets it, but he REALLY loves it. He stands on the plate, swings the bat to try to hit the ball. We take him to our local Triple A teams field once a week and let him run the bases. But he could stand in one place and try to hit the ball all day.
    Screw what people think. I think it's totally normal and awesome.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, my 3 year old loves baseball. I don't know if he really really understands, but he hits and catches the ball better than me lol.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 9:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• my 2 year old, loves basketball. whenever it's on at home and someone makes a shot, he screams YEAH!!!!!!!!!, lol. doesnt matter which team though, lol. When he's playing, he puts his ball on the floor and taps it like 3 times as if dribbling and makes a shot. so it's totally possible. You never know, you just might have the next reggie jackson in your hands.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the child. My son didn't start playing until he was 6. There is nowhere in my city that even starts tball until the child is 4 or 5. Just let your son have fun. Does it really matter if a 3 year old likes sports or not?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• it doesnt really matter if my child likes sports or not heck i could care less if he ever wanted to play them .. but i dont like when people tell me my child is "NOT NORMAL" because he can play them at such an early age .. and to the other moms thank you for making me feel so not alone !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on May. 23, 2010

• Mine is 2.5, she LOVES playing baseball too!! We watch the Mariners games all the time because daddy's a fan and she tells them what to do! We got her a tball set and she loves it! She hits the ball, then runs to get it because we don't have bases set up yet. We tried throwing it so she could hit it but she's not that far yet (which is fine!!). If someone says it's "not normal" I look at it as something else that makes them special and different from everyone else!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My son loves playing hockey. He knows how to hold his stick, what type of shot he is taking and is very accurate. He knows there are face offs after goals and penalties and so on. I have no doubt your son knows what's going on!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:30 PM on May. 24, 2010