Is this rude, or do I just see it that way since I dont like her ?

My future sister-in-law is pregnant... She plans on not letting anyone else know the sex of the baby or the name - not even MY BROTHER .... ( but no that isnt the "rude" part)

Well her babyshower is in a few weeks and she sent out invites and only wants gift certificates/cards , from some very expensive stores...and the thing I find the rudest is that she put in the invite that she only wants $75+ gift cards from these stores ......Now our family isnt poor but in no way rich ... I mean just my little family alone we only have like $100 extra a month....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I see that as being tacky and a little demanding. IMO... :\
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Very rude and I would intentionally not get her one.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• yeah, that's definitely rude!!! I wouldn't go to the shower. Or go and give her a dollar-store gift bag just to piss her off.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:08 PM on May. 22, 2010

• That's not right. It is rude. Don't do it. Get the gift you wanted to in the first place or get her nothing at all. Wait for the baby to come and get him or her a little outfit.

That's bullshit.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:10 PM on May. 22, 2010

• That is very rude. I don't even know what I would do. I would just buy her a present, I am sure other people will do the same, not everyone wants to spend that kind of money on a baby shower.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:11 PM on May. 22, 2010

• that's rude and she is going to be very pissed when most of the people either don't come or get her something different. o well........ lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I hope nobody gets her any of the requested gift cards. She is possibly the rudest person I have even heard about.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• That is SUPER rude!  What a bleepity-bleep!  I wouldn't get it for her.  That is ridiculous to expect people to get you at least any amount!  She should be happy with a $5 card.  Get her whatever you want to get her & if she doesn't like it tough.  If that was my brother I'd also warn him to save the money he was going to spend on the wedding & the divorce & just put it in a college fund. 

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• It's ok not to tell the sex or name of the baby but it is NOT ok to be rude and greedy and demand specific amounts. I can understand asking for gift cards, but not specific amounts. She would get whatever I felt like getting and it wouldn't be much.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I wonder if any one will show up, I certianlly would not.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on May. 22, 2010