annoying neighbors....advice?

we got new neighbors this last weekend and the mom stopped by today, bringin her a toy and asked if it was mine, even though i knew it was hers i saw her and her kids playin with it ealier today. and she is already planning play dates with our kids and wantin to hang out all day tomorrow. i told her we will have to see cause i have got to finish cleanin and also study for my entrance exams, and she kept tellin her kids well we will play them tomorrow. she acted like she wanted to stay and hang and we were in the middle of cleanin and baths. im usualy open to meeting new people i very much a social butterfly but there is something about her that just doesnt sit well with me...one of those gut feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• idk, i would give her a chance before you blow her off.... she sounds lonely
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:26 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Sounds pushy. Trust your gut. You don't want to be friends with one of those people that suck the life right out of you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 PM on May. 22, 2010

• You just don't know. She probably was just trying to hard she wasn't getting that you were busy and all...Just try when you can fit it in, see if yall click.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Oh no, that is way too early for me. I would take my time, go around on your own time, don't allow her to force it. I've been in my home now for five years, and I have to say I'm the loner on my street. I just don't take to too many people. I talk to the elderly couple across the street, but that is it. She may be looking to pawn the kids off already, you watch out.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:40 PM on May. 22, 2010

• If you have a gut feeling about her already, then go with your instincts. The fact that she knew the toy was hers, would make me think second too. Then she tell the kids they will play with your kids tomorrow without even asking you? Yeah, I would have a ball with her.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:43 PM on May. 22, 2010