• In the Spotlight:

Feeling disconnected...

So I've always wanted to be the kind of person who is always present. Spontanaity, Inspiration, and leaving my mark have always been very important to me. I don't feel like I've gotten it right yet. I try to do something that I love everyday, and try to do numerous things my daughter will enjoy (she is 2)... I try to be a good mother, wife, daughter, grandaughter, sister, etc... but I feel like I am not getting it. I feel like when I am in a group situation, I go with the flow... and I am always going with someone else's flow... How do I take control of my own life, and be as "present" as I am trying to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I suggest one of two books, maybe even both that are on this subject.
    1. Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren
    2. Cure for the COmmon Life, Max Lucado

((Hugs))
    Danielle
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:38 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thanks for the advice, but its not really religion I am looking for :)...
    Anonymous

• Maybe you are trying too hard. Try relaxing and just enjoying life and the connection may manifest.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i feel the same way. While maybe i do go with someones else's flow in group activities i try to make my home my domaine and make an incredible impression on my daughter. We laugh sing play silly games i make up and when we do play dates at my house people are very suprised by my assertiveness. Sometimes being in a place you are more comfortable makes you stand out more. Eventually i have ideas in how to bring the 'at home' me into the 'group date at the park' me. :) i figure one day they will merge and it'll be okay if it takes time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 23, 2010