Did you find out the sex of your baby?

Just curious how many people found out and how many wanted to be surprised? I am pregnant with my 2nd and am debating whether or not to find out the sex. With my first I did. DH says this will be our last..sooo I was thinking about leaving it up to surprise.

mom2pres

Asked by mom2pres at 9:39 PM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I found out with my first 2 but didn't with my last. It was interesting to say the least! lol It was pretty intense. My husband was deployed the entire pregnancy and we didn't come up with names until he got back from Afghanistan.. about 3 weeks before she was born and I have to go to the store within a week of her being born to buy some girl outfits since I didn't have much. I think the surprise was worth it though!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 9:41 PM on May. 22, 2010

• o i could not deal with waiting all that time. i think it's silly to want it to be a surprise bc all of the gender neutral decor and clothes are not nearly as cute as the gender specific ones. but then again i wish i could know the sex right away lol, so i'm not really a big fan of surprises
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on May. 22, 2010

• We have 2 kids and definately knew as soon as possible.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:42 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I thought about leaving it a surprise but I look forward to the half way point and finding out.... so i can name the baby and make it be "personal"... We lost a baby at 29.5 weeks and didnt know the sex until she was born, I think it would have been easier if i knew that whoel time that she was infact a she... it lets me bond even more. I found out with my other two and plan on with my last.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:07 PM on May. 22, 2010

• With my 1st the ultrasound tech thought it could be a boy, but was not 100%---- and he turned out to be a boy. My 2nd we could not even tell it was a baby on the ultrasound (it was just a blur of movement), so we had no idea what the sex would be--- and he turned out to be a boy. My 3rd I had amniocentesis done and when we got the results of that they told us he would be a boy-- and he was.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:27 PM on May. 22, 2010

• i did not find out with my first, second or fifth. the only reason we found out with our third and fourth was because they are twins, and the doctors would be more comfortable with less testing and monitoring if they were fraternal twins. we like to be surprised. i don't think it is very common though, because gender neutral things are getting harder to find.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 PM on May. 22, 2010

• No, not with either-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:03 PM on May. 22, 2010

• We did not find out with any of our three. It was so exciting finding out the day of delivery what we were blessed with! We just went out shopping for a girl and boy outfit to bring baby home in and put both outfits in their memory boxes to show them later. I also just bought a few sleeper outfits in both sexes and left the tags on so I would have stuff on hand either way and found gender neutral stuff to wash and have ready at home. Personally, we loved the surprise!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:51 PM on May. 22, 2010